LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to make new rear upper arms for a 84 cutlass tomorrow. How much should I extend them? It has 18in rams and 5.5 turns on 2.5 tons. the pinion is so bad it wont drive when its locked up. Its chained up about 12inches. any hep would be appreciated

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
1" should be enough

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
Originally posted by stevie d@Dec 7 2003, 05:38 PM
1" should be enough
18'' STROKES ARE BIG!!!!AND WITH THAT MUCH COIL ,THE CAR DOESN'T LAY REAL LOW......1'' EXTENSION WOULD BE GOOD FOR
A 12'' OR 14 JUST BY ITSELF....''
I SUGGEST TO DROP THE UPPER TRAINING ARM MOUNTS DOWN,
AT LEAST 3 1/2 OR 4 INCHES,AND STILL EXTEND...........................
THIS WILL GIVE PROPER DRIVELINE ANGLE THROUGH ABOUT 16'' OF LIFT.....THE DRIVELINE MIGHT HAVE TO BE SHORTENED 1''AND,ADD A 700R4 SLIP YOKE TO GET THE FULL 18'' OF LIFT....

NOTE:700R4 SLIP IS 1.250'' LONGER THEN THE STOCK METRIC 200 OR 200R TRANS SLIP YOKE........BUT WITH THE LONGER SLIP YOU'LL LOSE THE SPEEDOMETER DRIVE GEAR......

I'M WORKING ON A 22'' TRAVEL SET-UP RITE NOW ...I'LL SOME NEW PICS TONITE :biggrin:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help. Made new arms today and Im going to drop those mounts.It doesnt sit low at all. Didnt want the rams coming throug the rear deck. They are way too big.Wanted 14s they sent 18s.Woulda been cool if it was a truck. Ill post pics when its done

1 - 5 of 5 Posts