LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GETTING READY TO THROW DROS ON MY 78 SEVILLE AND NEEDED TO KNOW SOME THINGS. I WAS GONNA PUT ACCUMALATORS ON THE FRONT AND JUST KEEP LONG SHOCKS ON THE BACC, SO THAT THE RIDE WONT BE SO HARSH. I GOT 3-TON SPRINGS FOR THE FRONT ALREADY, BUT IS THAT TOO HARD?
AND CAN I PUT A TEE RIGHT AT THE FRONT CYLINDERS WITH A CUT OFF VALVE AND ACCUMAATORS? I PLAN TO HOP IT ON OCCASION AND WOULD LIKE MY CUT OFF VALVES RIGHT UNDER THE HOOD.
AND, DO PUT A COIL-OVER SET-UP ON THE BACK OF THIS CAR WITH MINI COILS, OR SHOULD I GO FULL SIZE SPRINGS, AND HOW MANY TONS TOO? I PLAN TO RUN A THREE PUMP SET-UP IN THE TRUNK, BUT NOT SURE ABOUT HOW MANY BATTERIES RIGHT NOW.

ANY BODY HAPPEN TO HAVE PICS OF A SEVILLE LIKE MINE WITH 13'S OR 14'S? IM THINKIN 14'S SINCE THE WHEEL OPENING S SO BIG, BUT WOULDNT MIND SEEING WHAT IT LOOKED LIKE BOTH WAYS.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
yes you can 't' the top of the ram and hang the accumulator off that via a cut off, although it would be better supported on its own bracket for stability inside the engine bay/wheel arch or even back in the boot by the pumps.
It will make a slight difference if you mount the accu's for the front in the rear as the fluid will pulse in the long hose releasing some small amount of your pumps available pressure.

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
you're not supposed to run mini coils in that car, get real coils.
anything over 2 tons require frame reinforcements and so does a 3 pump setup.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
THANKS, ME AND MY DAD ARE STRAPPIN IT NOW. BUT ONLY GOIN THREE SIDES SO WE ONT HAVE TO TAKE THE BODY OFF. REINFORCING THE STRESS POINTS AND SHIT TOO. DO I HAVE TO REINFORCE EXTRA HEAVY IN THE BACK TO DO THAT CHAIN BRIDGE? I WANNA DO THAT TOO SO MY 3 WHEEL IS OFF THA HOOK.
2 TO OK FOR TH BACK OR SHOULD I JUST GET ANOTHER SET OF 3 TON? WILL ITMAKE A DIFFERENCE IN MY 3 WHEEL?

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by mclover2@Jan 13 2004, 02:32 PM
THANKS, ME AND MY DAD ARE STRAPPIN IT NOW. BUT ONLY GOIN THREE SIDES SO WE ONT HAVE TO TAKE THE BODY OFF. REINFORCING THE STRESS POINTS AND SHIT TOO. DO I HAVE TO REINFORCE EXTRA HEAVY IN THE BACK TO DO THAT CHAIN BRIDGE? I WANNA DO THAT TOO SO MY 3 WHEEL IS OFF THA HOOK.
2 TO OK FOR TH BACK OR SHOULD I JUST GET ANOTHER SET OF 3 TON? WILL ITMAKE A DIFFERENCE IN MY 3 WHEEL?
go with 2 tons all aroun if you're not hopping it. or else you'll need to reinforce the spring towers and then you'll have to take the engine out to do that right.

2 or 3 tons have makes no differance in 3 wheeling.

if you're running a chainbridge you'll need to connect the frame rear arches together just infront of the rear bumper or you might buckle your quarters.

·
Registered
970 Posts
i run mini coils in my caddy ...no probs! i gotta 89 fleetwood...its a boat..i got my mini coils from a honda coilover setup....the only thing good that ever came from a honda!lol
:0

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
THANKS FOR THE TIP BADASS, DEFNETLY DONT WANNA BUCKLE TE QUARTERS. THTS THE REASON MY HOMIE IS LOOKING FOR ANOTHER MONTE BODY.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey man I dont think you know this but 76-79 Sevilles are unibody cars (no frame)
so unless you are planing on using subframe conectors and a shit load of time and cash you better rethink this.
You will not be able to hop or 3 wheel with out twisting the body and then you cant even close the door.

You cant fit 13' wires on this car the disc brakes are to big
you can fit 14' rev but they will stick out 2' inches in the front
so your best bet is to go with 14x6 this way they wont look like a paisa truck.
you might want to go with bags.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts