LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a truck painted black a year ago and I can't seem to get the damn swirl marks out of it now. It is single stage paint and in the shade it looks amazing but when the sun is on it the whole truck is swirled. I've tried everything from buffing to waxing with every kind of polish/ wax there is. Any HELP??????

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
By the way I'm no rookie to buffing and cutting but for some reason this one is cuttin my ass!!! I haven't wet sanded it yet but the painter did when he was done.

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
Originally posted by 64SS@Oct 11 2007, 08:07 PM~8978627
By the way I'm no rookie to buffing and cutting but for some reason this one is cuttin my ass!!! I haven't wet sanded it yet but the painter did when he was done.
he shoulda waited for the paint to cure the longer the better

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
when i get to work monday i got some shit that my guys use and it is swirl mark remover it is a 3m product with a blue label and comes its on polishing pad. i got 6 painters that swear by it

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
same here, I buffed my regal which was red and black, the red came out AMAZING but the black was a diferent story

·
Registered
5,734 Posts
3m Ultrafina compound....Part number 06068....You have to use the blue buffing pad with this product. This was made for black cars... ;)

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Originally posted by knight time@Oct 12 2007, 04:59 PM~8988436
3m Ultrafina compound....Part number 06068....You have to use the blue buffing pad with this product.  This was made for black cars... ;)
tried it, ive used the white foam pad, and the shaggy pad. for some reason on some cars it works on others it doesnt

·
Registered
7,229 Posts
Originally posted by 64SS@Oct 11 2007, 03:07 PM~8978627
did they use wool or foam for the compund?was it a brand new pad or a used washed one?

·
Registered
5,734 Posts
Originally posted by japSW20@Oct 12 2007, 05:32 PM~8988585
tried it, ive used the white foam pad, and the shaggy pad. for some reason on some cars it works on others it doesnt
The wool pads and the white foam pads are for compounding...The black pad and the blue pad are for finishing...You dont want to use a compound pad to polish becuase the pad is to aggressive and will leave swirl marks...I work at a paint store and we sell all these pads and compounds. If anyone local needs some supplies hit me up.... :cool:

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
Originally posted by knight time@Oct 13 2007, 12:59 AM~8988436
3m Ultrafina compound....Part number 06068....You have to use the blue buffing pad with this product.  This was made for black cars... ;)

here's a pic of the one you are talking about i never tried it but it must work.......

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
slow the buffer down and take your time,,,its gonna take a while,,i just did a buddys suburban,,and the damn thing took me about 2 days to polish,,,swirly ass helll, and i used 3 diffrent 3m foam pads,,they also have a polish called finesse,but it last for a lil bit,,,good luck homie!!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks for the help! Guess I;ll try some more on it. Do you think i shouls wet sand it again?

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
Originally posted by 64SS@Oct 15 2007, 08:00 AM~9003763
thanks for the help! Guess I;ll try some more on it. Do you think i shouls wet sand it again?
nope! its just time consuming!

·
Registered
21,472 Posts
Originally posted by impala_631@Oct 13 2007, 07:21 AM~8991625
have you tried swirl mark remover? i also skip the wool pad, that keeps the swirl marks down
x2

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Still working on it. Do you think I should just come out of pocket and have base cleared?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts