LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got any ideas on making my cadillac body stay on my dancer chassis?

Everyone knows cadillacs are big cars .. And to the 1:24 scale they're also big, so that means that its longer than the hoppin hydros dancer chassis which is built for 63-64 impalas

If anyone has any ideas, share please.

Thanks. :cool:

·
Registered
11,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The chassis is too short .. glue wouldnt help

It has to touch it first to be able to glue it lol

·
Registered
11,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, i lined up the chassis with the body (So the wheels will be in the normal place), and its not touching the front OR back.

This is gonna be alot of work ... Lol

·
Registered
11,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im thinking making something tall behind the back T slider and infront of the front T Slider that attaches onto the trunk and hood.

·
Registered
17,100 Posts
Originally posted by Switchblade@Aug 30 2006, 10:46 PM~6077237
Im thinking making something tall behind the back T slider and infront of the front T Slider that attaches onto the trunk and hood.

that was what I was thinking?? It should work with a strong enough glue. Or just glue one side (either the body or the chassie) and screw the other. That way you can take it apart.

·
Registered
11,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by LowandBeyond@Aug 31 2006, 12:26 AM~6077387
that was what I was thinking?? It should work with a strong enough glue.  Or just glue one side (either the body or the chassie)  and screw the other.  That way you can take it apart.
Yeah yeah .. Possibly

I'll see what i can figure out i guess, right now im foiling it.

I keep fucking the stupid foil up. My foil doesnt seem to stick too good for some reason, and the stupid shit keeps FALLING OFF WHEN IM TRIMMING IT. :mad: Lol

·
Registered
16,214 Posts
why don't u extend the chasis with plastic and glue the shit outta the plastic,so it will remain strong

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
DO WHAT LOW AND BEYOND SAID MAKE SUM BODY MOUNTS AND U COULD UNSREW IT WHEN IT NEEDS WORK OR SUMTING....OR EXTEND THE CHASIS WIT PLASTIC THEIR ALL GOOD IDEAS

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
There are a couple of ways to mount the body to the chassis...but since you need to open it up when lines are snapped...I would go for glueing a strip (notch) at the rear end prolly behind/ to the bumper so you can slide and lock the chassis under it. Up front you just glue a, let's say 2mm, thick strip/bar of styrene to the bumper/ grill in such a way that the chassis falls on it.
Drill a hole on each side of the chassis and the styrene strip and mount it with screws.

On my RC cars I use to make elbows out of 1mm brass bars and glue those to the side of the body on 4 points using superglue gel first and after that a drop of hot glue...but be carefull not let the styrene melt or warp the plastic. Some of my RC cars have seperate chassis trunk/battery compartment pieces thats why I use this technique. ;)

Good luck! ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts