LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as most of you know im working on my Isuzu.Well I have desided to put a 5.0 in it!. :cheesy: but the thang is will it fit??and its also coming out of a 1988 Lincon town car...Well im taking the motor, trans,drive shaft, and rear end out of it :) . But what all would i need besides the motor monts done to put it in..

oh PS does anyone know where i can get some made..

and its a 94 isuzu pickup with a 2.3L 4 cyl.

oh and my truck is a 5 speed and the lincon is an atomatic will i hav to do any changes with that??

can some one HELP me OUT :0 ;) :biggrin:

thanks JOSH ;)

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Foompla@Oct 28 2003, 08:05 AM
time to whip out the tape measure homie.

(swap*)
LOL WHY??

oh and yea swap sorry

do you know how?? will it fit?

and if the motor sticks up out of the hood im cutting around it :biggrin:
get more points at car shows :biggrin:

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by f150lowrider+Oct 28 2003, 12:08 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (f150lowrider @ Oct 28 2003, 12:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Foompla@Oct 28 2003, 08:05 AM

(swap*)
LOL WHY??

oh and yea swap sorry

get more points at car shows :biggrin:[/b][/quote]
is this something that you intend on doing yourself? If so, good luck. :cheesy:

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Foompla+Oct 28 2003, 08:17 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Foompla @ Oct 28 2003, 08:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 28 2003, 12:08 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Foompla
@Oct 28 2003, 08:05 AM

(swap*)

LOL WHY??

oh and yea swap sorry

get more points at car shows :biggrin:
is this something that you intend on doing yourself? If so, good luck. :cheesy:[/b][/quote]
yes im doing ALL my work my self,interior, exterior, and motor but i need someones help here i know it has been done before and i know the drive shaft will have to be shorten. BUT wil it fit with some mods?? ;)

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no one,damn nobody on here knows nothing, i ask a guesion and noone anwsers it wtf.

but TTT :uh:

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DAMN well you thank i could do it?? put one in the or will a 302 v8 be better or just the same??

lmk

thanks for posting LOL ;)

·
Registered
12,920 Posts
and don't forget to take the computers if u need them.. chances are u will.
if u were u i'd just go with somthin simple.. like without a computer managing the motor and trans
most of all do alot of research on this before u do it.
u could be in for alot of heaaches..
i did a swap from a carbed motor in a van to a turbo charged fuel injected motor.. and damn it was a nightmare.. and it's not over yet..
only saving thing is i'm gettin paid for it
layta

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i want to get extra points at the shows :biggrin: i know that thay give alot if you swap and bigger motors in them....

What shold i do pplz :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :confused:

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
This is a completely custom application, and your asking people to walk you through it step by step? im sorry bro, but maybe you should do something else there, or maybe you should take it to a shop? Do some research then ask specific questions, theres some very knowledgable people here.

will it fit? I dont know, its ole ford engine, measure the clearences youll need for the engine and its components, measure what youll need to cut, take note where you need to reinforce... it can be done, can you do it?

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by Foompla@Oct 30 2003, 10:29 AM
This is a completely custom application, and your asking people to walk you through it step by step? im sorry bro, but maybe you should do something else there, or maybe you should take it to a shop? Do some research then ask specific questions, theres some very knowledgable people here.

will it fit? I dont know, its ole ford engine, measure the clearences youll need for the engine and its components, measure what youll need to cut, take note where you need to reinforce... it can be done, can you do it?
ok thanks i might go with a cheavy on it now

thanks if any one has swaped out and engin in a 94 isuzu and put a v8 in it LmK VERY intersed on how it wentLOL

thanks JOsh ;)

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
ive seen some isuzu's with a 350 chevy in it.im not sure if the mounts made for a ranger to fit a 302 would work in your truck..search the webs theres gotta be a isuzu forum to help you

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yea iv been looking for an web site but cant find one LOL

but i my get an chevy 350 but i got the linconl motor in very good condishin LOL

i dont know what im going to do now

thanks yall Josh :0 ;)

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hey guys i have sold the engin and im might be geting a 350 with trans and some extra stuff on it with rear end and every thang or an import motor that is big i for get the name and size but ill find out..

the guy im geting it from is saling it to me for 200 and is willing to instal it for me to ( good to have friends) huh

but thanks for your help and i might need your help later on :biggrin:

thanks peeps

josh ;)

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
** Here is an easy way to do it........

take your engine & replace your engine mounts to the block..

you can weld the base of the mounts to a plate of steel ..

after you have the engine & tranny in -- you must figure out how or how the tranny cross member will fit ....

once you have the crossmember for the tranny in place -- you can go ahead & drill/cut holes in the plates so you can adjust where you need to drill or torch holes in the frame on your engine crossmember......

*** MAKE SURE you have everything in place prior to putting these in .... Get everything squared away first.....

next you go get your driveshaft modified to fit the ford tranny & have it made to correct length ....................

We have done it on many S-10's that are for the 1/4 mile...... It works !!!!!!!!

Last edited by STREET SWEEPAZ at Nov 14 2003, 06:05 AM

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by STREET SWEEPAZ@Nov 14 2003, 10:03 AM
** Here is an easy way to do it........

take your engine & replace your engine mounts to the block..

you can weld the base of the mounts to a plate of steel ..

after you have the engine & tranny in -- you must figure out how or how the tranny cross member will fit ....

once you have the crossmember for the tranny in place -- you can go ahead & drill/cut holes in the plates so you can adjust where you need to drill or torch holes in the frame on your engine crossmember......

*** MAKE SURE you have everything in place prior to putting these in .... Get everything squared away first.....

next you go get your driveshaft modified to fit the ford tranny & have it made to correct length ....................

We have done it on many S-10's that are for the 1/4 mile...... It works !!!!!!!!
:thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts