LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am finally thinking about switchin up the monte. i used to drive the thing so much that i didnt want it to turn it into "another bouncy rider" so i just had it dropped wth 14's on it, even tho i love my 13's to death. the problem is that now my audio takes up alot of space in my trunk. i dont need it fancy, just want it quick and to look good when i pop da trunk. i was thinkin about one pump with a marzocci #11 head and 4 dumps with 4 accumilators, six switches (fbss,all down,ridin high) maybe even seven with a side to side switch. id like a streetcharger too but i think it might end up being too much for the cost of one just to keep two optimas topped off.hopefully could do something cheaper. i dont think that i'll need 8" strokes in the back. probably put 6" all around, hopefully that would make it quicker too. i might could put another battery under the hood somewhere too. do you think one of those battery isolator things would work with a 2nd high output alternator just for the switches? also , will 1 pump wit a #11 head be quick at all? is there any other way to make a system quicker without adding another pump? what about going wih hard line until maybe 6" beforethe strokes? are the accumalators gonna slow it down and do they really work as good as shocks? how much will keeping og shocks on slow it?

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
All I have to say is ditch the stereo and slap a 4 pump setup with 12 batteries in da trunk and some 16 inch strokes out in the rear!
I guarantee you'll be a happy camper! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cant ditch da beats. i spend too much time in my car to not have omething worth listening to.....finally. up until this car, most of my rides have had switches. and even the truck the switches made it hard to have somethin beatin as hard as i like mine. so now i gotta have everything.

anybodygot a #11 pump head 4 sale?

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
you said that you wanted to run a single pump with 4 dumps? Are you aware that if you run this setup, that you will have to lift the entire car at one time vs. individual corners or sides or f/b?? The dumps would only allow you to dump individual? :cool:

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was told that it coud be done. would i have use a dump block? i am pretty sure you can go front and back with one pump.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Originally posted by mclover2@Sep 24 2003, 11:28 PM
i was told that it coud be done. would i have use a dump block? i am pretty sure you can go front and back with one pump.
Do you mean a dump manifold? I honestly would run 2 pumps though. You can do all the same moves but, you will have to lift the car all the way up at the same time then dump for front or back. Not to mention that when you do raise the car your back will more than likely always raise up first cause its lighter. Just a thought though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
you can get individual lift and dump, but I think you need to run 4 lock valves and a single dump... ...basically you just lock out the cyl's you dont want to move...

as for acc's making it slow, why dont you put a lock valve where you tee the acc's into the lines, then you can turn them off when you want to clown... ...makes it much faster and more violent stop/start

you can hook-up 1 pump, but 2 pumps would be cheaper and easier if you can make them fit... ...play around with the mountings a little and see what you can come up with

b :)

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i had to take my amp rack from the trunk to come up wit the space for one pump and two bateries, there is nothing left in trunk space to grab. box and spare take up the rest, i ill never roll without a spare again. i thougt about a continental kit for my spare, but it just woudnt look right on a 80 monte. it aint a cadillac, but so far i have come damn close.the amp relocating came out for the btter. i put them behind plexiglass in the sides in back where the arm rests used to be uner the window , an put blue neons too. wish i could find baby blu plexiglass or tint.
n e way, the only way i might could pull off two pumps is to have a different kinda pump whre i can jst have the pump part in th trunk and mybe have a reservoir under the hood hardlined in. i saw a pump that had a separate tank in a old lowrider mag but i think it was fom a plane or something.

i only have room behind my spare where the jack used to go.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Originally posted by catboy@Sep 25 2003, 12:06 AM
as for acc's making it slow, why dont you put a lock valve where you tee the acc's into the lines, then you can turn them off when you want to clown...
Ummmmm
You can't really "clown" with a one pump setup. :uh:

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Originally posted by mclover2@Sep 25 2003, 12:51 AM
i had to take my amp rack from the trunk to come up wit the space for one pump and two bateries, there is nothing left in trunk space to grab. box and spare take up the rest, i ill never roll without a spare again. i thougt about a continental kit for my spare, but it just woudnt look right on a 80 monte. it aint a cadillac, but so far i have come damn close.the amp relocating came out for the btter. i put them behind plexiglass in the sides in back where the arm rests used to be uner the window , an put blue neons too. wish i could find baby blu plexiglass or tint.
n e way, the only way i might could pull off two pumps is to have a different kinda pump whre i can jst have the pump part in th trunk and mybe have a reservoir under the hood hardlined in. i saw a pump that had a separate tank in a old lowrider mag but i think it was fom a plane or something.

i only have room behind my spare where the jack used to go.
Get creative!!!
You can mount pumps under the hood!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
really and truthfully, when i figured out tht i didnt have alot of room, and seeing that i dont clown too much i was really juust wantng to figure out how to make a bad ass 1 pump set-up. since no one else has done it. and i think that once i have built it nd they see that it works, they might give me props or want to do it themselves. like my homie with a tiny mr2. theres not muchroom except for te one pump in his car, but he would love it if it was a fast 1 pump setup with enough moves to fool most into "knowing that guy has a 2 pump set-up" whn it really is one

there is way to have all the moves an speed of two and size of one pump,help from somma you guys, it'l get figured out and done to my car.

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
I cut out my spare tire well the same way, but there is no pump there just clean welds and metal!! ;)

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
but that pump is mounted where his spare used to be. i still want my spare to lay there in the hole in da trunk. i thought about that before. even toht about cuttingthe gas tank down to make enuff room for the other pump. but ten that is ridiculous. 10 bucks to fill it before i go to work every morning. wth 13's to, my gas mileage would be like shit.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts