LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 63 Impala with a power moonroof that needs a headliner. Upholstery places have been telling me I need material wider than the normal 54" wide stuff. No ones seems to carry it. It has the star embossed material in there now with no seam so I know it exists. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
47,194 Posts
Its way easier to do a headliner using the newer headliner material vs the vinyl stuff. I used Masonite board sold at Lowe's or hardware store in a 4x8 sheet. Cut it to fit. Glue material on. And hang the board on the moon roof tub. I used zip ties. Then just trim and tuck it behind the headliner trims and done. Was easy

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Its way easier to do a headliner using the newer headliner material vs the vinyl stuff. I used Masonite board sold at Lowe's or hardware store in a 4x8 sheet. Cut it to fit. Glue material on. And hang the board on the moon roof tub. I used zip ties. Then just trim and tuck it behind the headliner trims and done. Was easy
What was the thickness of the board?

·
Registered
10,330 Posts
I have a 63 Impala with a power moonroof that needs a headliner. Upholstery places have been telling me I need material wider than the normal 54" wide stuff. No ones seems to carry it. It has the star embossed material in there now with no seam so I know it exists. Any help is appreciated.
TRY C.A.R.S. in orange county
i think they re-popped the material

1 - 11 of 11 Posts