LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whatup, I wanna upgrade to nitrogen. How does this shit get setup??? I get the jist of it but I was wondering mostly if the is a electric valve to open and close the nitro tank or do ya gotta do it by hand each time?? or is there a way to hook it up to a pressure switch so it knows when to shut off.. Help me out...

·
Registered
677 Posts
The tank is on a pressure regulator to control it.
The PSI of the nitrogen bottle is around 3000psi...and you only want 150+ psi of it.
So the regulator makes sure that there is always a flow of 150+ into your tank from the bottle.
No electric valves or anything...just the manual shutoff valve that is on all pressure bottles like that.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alright.. tahts pretty simple, im suprised i didnt think of that earlier.. Bout how much would it cost to get a nitrogen setup???

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why would it suck so much???

·
Registered
96 Posts
i wouldnt just rely on nitrogen, but i would have a bottle as a backup.

And you dont havta buy your bottle either. The place where my buddy rented his and gets it filled charges him like $10 a month for the bottle and $10 for a refill. One thing that sucks about nitrogen is that they usually swap out your bottle so unless you got a cover for it your gonna havta do spraypaint specials.

Oh yeah and its illegal to have a bottle in or on your car that doesnt have the cap on. That bottle could become a rocket in an accident. I have seen some slick setups where the cap was left on but the reg still had room to be screwed into the bottle.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
K, i think im gonna go with it then. Cause right now im filling my tank from my a/c so I wouldnt be counting on the bottle. I just want something that I can clown around for while on weekends. Like this on time I was in my local spot and i guy i know with a 63 belair was hoppin around while I was waiting for my tanks to fill up.. AQfter that iv been looking for more and more ways to quicken fillin up my tank. at first i was gonna get like 4 compressors, then STREET SWEEPAZ informed me bout nitrogen being way cheaper.. and got me hooked. :cool:

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Originally posted by waylowaccord@Jan 19 2004, 11:18 AM
K, i think im gonna go with it then. Cause right now im filling my tank from my a/c so I wouldnt be counting on the bottle. I just want something that I can clown around for while on weekends. Like this on time I was in my local spot and i guy i know with a 63 belair was hoppin around while I was waiting for my tanks to fill up.. AQfter that iv been looking for more and more ways to quicken fillin up my tank. at first i was gonna get like 4 compressors, then STREET SWEEPAZ informed me bout nitrogen being way cheaper.. and got me hooked. :cool:
** WHO WAS IN A 63 ???????? Nobody has 1 of them in town here ............ Was it white & blue62 or white & purple62 ??? I painted both but , 1 is from Superior & the other is Grant --A street sweepa........... LMK what you wanna do with all the club stuff..... I told ya BIG DAN would come thru for you in the air department.....

I here more about adding a better compressor tho...... Fernando sell them for good price --

*** DAN, Can we get a price check here for a good compressor ???
--Wait!!!! Your getting fluid now, Do you wanna sell a compressor to the homie or do you have plans for the it already...?????

·
Registered
277 Posts
one thing to think about. Before you buy a tank be sure that there is a place locally that can fill it up. I've run into this problem a couple times. Once with a CO2 tank for my keg setup that I bought online and a second time with an oxy-acetaline torch setup that I bought complete with nice, tall tanks. The CO2 tank was brand spankin new but no one in town would fill it. The oxy-acet tanks were pretty old and no one would touch 'em. I ended up having to rent tanks for both. I get mine from the local Merriam Graves. All you have to do is set up an account with them and pay for the refills - no monthly charge.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh@Jan 17 2004, 04:10 PM
they dont last very long, and its a PITA to keep having the bottle refilled

given the choice between a bottle or a quick compressor, Im all about the compressor
is that why you going with juice :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sorry bob it was the 62.. my bad.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
--Wait!!!! Your getting fluid now, Do you wanna sell a compressor to the homie or do you have plans for the it already...?????

·
Registered
343 Posts
Originally posted by STREET SWEEPAZ@Jan 20 2004, 02:48 PM
Yes we have Plans, as far as i know Dan and I are gonna through the bags on the Explorer, the new caddy would be bagged if it wasnt a fwd :(

Ain'tt hat right Dan??? :cheesy: :biggrin:

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Originally posted by lolo4life+Jan 20 2004, 04:01 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lolo4life @ Jan 20 2004, 04:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--STREET SWEEPAZ@Jan 20 2004, 02:48 PM
Yes we have Plans, as far as i know Dan is gonna run me over with the Explorer, then put me in the trunk of the new caddy, and beat me to death with an axleshaft from a fwd :(

Ain'tt hat right Dan??? :cheesy: :biggrin:[/b][/quote]
damn dude youre seriously retarded huh? :confused:

anyway BoB, I have an engine driven compressor that wouldnt do your boy any good, and the juice is still just a thought right now..

check with JoshJPkustoms on here, he has a deal on ViAir 450's for like 215 or something, or look around for a Blowjax DC7000, which is my personal favorite..

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What kinda tank should I get?? Where would I get it?? How big?? What extras do I gotta get for it to install??

1 - 20 of 21 Posts