LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IN THE REAR WHERE THE SPRINGS SEAT IN
I AINT GOT PICS YET TOMOROW ILL TAKE EM
ITS A 88 CAPRICE.I LIFT THE BODY A BIT N DO SOME WRAPING BUT I DONT REALY GET WHAT DO DO WITH IT
IT WONT BE FULL WRAP ONLY REAR ARCES, FRONTS, N CROSSMEMBER

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Plate all the sides that you can to along with rewelding the factory welds. Add a couple of gussets and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SO BASICLY WRAP WHERE THE SPRING SEAT AT, ICANT REMEMBER HOW YOU GUYS CALL IT.JUST LIKEALL THE FRAME FROM UPER SIDE N THE BELOW OR SHOULD I WELD A DONUT BELOW?
IF I WELD ON THE UPER SIDE WONT IT GET IN THE WAY WHEN PUTIN THE BODY ON AGAIN,IM TALKIN BOUT CLEARENS????

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Originally posted by TAIB@Oct 15 2006, 02:30 PM~6372704
SO BASICLY WRAP WHERE THE SPRING SEAT AT, ICANT REMEMBER HOW YOU GUYS CALL IT.JUST LIKEALL THE FRAME FROM UPER SIDE N THE BELOW OR SHOULD I WELD A DONUT BELOW?
IF I WELD ON THE UPER SIDE WONT IT GET IN THE WAY WHEN PUTIN THE BODY ON AGAIN,IM TALKIN BOUT CLEARENS????
You shouldn't have a problem unless your perches are bent already(most cars). You can weld a donut on the bottom or top but, i would run a pipe a llittle larger than the cylinder to allow movement for three wheeling or if you have a high lift in the rear. The pipe will help keep the coil in place eliminating the need for a top cup.
1/4" is fine.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Originally posted by S10lifted@Oct 15 2006, 01:42 PM~6372737
You shouldn't have a problem unless your perches are bent already(most cars).  You can weld a donut on the bottom or top but, i would run a pipe a llittle larger than the cylinder to allow movement for three wheeling or if you have a high lift in the rear.  The pipe will help keep the coil in place eliminating the need for a top cup. 
1/4" is fine.
Hey fucker did you ever get your ride going?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by S10lifted@Oct 15 2006, 07:42 PM~6372737
You shouldn't have a problem unless your perches are bent already(most cars).  You can weld a donut on the bottom or top but, i would run a pipe a llittle larger than the cylinder to allow movement for three wheeling or if you have a high lift in the rear.  The pipe will help keep the coil in place eliminating the need for a top cup. 
1/4" is fine.
OK SO I NEVER SAYID BUT ITS GOIN 12" IN BACK COIL OVER

SO I DONT REALY GET THE PIPE DEAL BUT IF YOU SAY JUST WELD SOME ON IT MAKE A 2" HOLE FOR CYLIS N A DONUT TO THE BOTTOM SO IT WILL BE STRONG ENUFF SO COOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts