LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on the way to my girls house and I stoped to get some gas when I noticed alot of white smoke coming out my tail pipe. the smoke smelled like gas , I opened the hood and saw some smoke coming up from top right center of the engine , I also noticed alot of oil (pretty good size puddle) under my car. I have never seen oil leaking from my car before. When I was leaving the gas station there was a whole lot of smoke behind my ass , i know people where like wtf cause it was a long trail of it. So this shit has ruined my christmas day with my girl , I didnt want to risk it and drive to her crib so I just went back home. Please someone try and tell me my problem. thanks merry christmas

·
Registered
879 Posts
Not to bum u out but my Linc's 460 V8 did that so I figured I needed new rings (was going to rebuild it) but I scrambled the fuckin engine that day. Connecting rod through the oil pan.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
anyone else . please tell me this is not going to be a expensive repair. the car has 130,00 miles if that helps

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
How cold is it where your at? I hate to say it but, you might have a blown head gasket.

Last edited by S10lifted at Dec 25 2003, 09:26 PM

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by S10lifted@Dec 25 2003, 10:22 PM
How cold is it where your at? I hate to say it but, you might have a blown head gasket.
I live in Florida so its not all to cold. How much does a head gasket cost for a 95 caddy?

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Originally posted by bagged67imp+Dec 25 2003, 09:33 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bagged67imp @ Dec 25 2003, 09:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--S10lifted@Dec 25 2003, 10:22 PM
How cold is it where your at?  I hate to say it but, you might have a blown head gasket.
I live in Florida so its not all to cold. How much does a head gasket cost for a 95 caddy?[/b][/quote]
The gasket isn't whats so expensive, its the labor. You have to tear the engine apart and assuming you have no other damage. Do a compression check on it. That should let you know if it is or not.

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
ONE PIPE OR IF YOU HAVE DUELS WHICH PIPE

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
WHAT KIND OF CADDY?????

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Damn i just got home and went outside to try to start my car and now the shit wont start it wont even turnover. My battery is fine and all the lights work. the car is a 95 sedan deville and it has one tail pipe.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just looked underneath my car and there was oil around the oil pan seal and there was a gas leak a little bit down from the oilpan the gas was leaking from the piece that connects the pipes going to the engine to the pipe to the muffler. What the hell is going on. My boys uncle came by and looked at it a few minutes ago and said that my starter is out and couldnt tell me what was wrong with my car without it being on. he said the reason it wont start is because the starter is sticking or some shit , he was tapping it with a hammer for a long time and it didnt do shit. Can someone try and give me an idea of what you think it could be.. thanks

·
Registered
357 Posts
Originally posted by bagged67imp@Dec 26 2003, 12:03 PM
I just looked underneath my car and there was oil around the oil pan seal and there was a gas leak a little bit down from the oilpan the gas was leaking from the piece that connects the pipes going to the engine to the pipe to the muffler. What the hell is going on. My boys uncle came by and looked at it a few minutes ago and said that my starter is out and couldnt tell me what was wrong with my car without it being on. he said the reason it wont start is because the starter is sticking or some shit , he was tapping it with a hammer for a long time and it didnt do shit. Can someone try and give me an idea of what you think it could be.. thanks
sounds like the motor seized..... :(

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
bro..i never owned one of those for one reason...basiclly those cars are really not to knock your ride..but crappy......the motors are aluminum casting.....you better get it checked before you really fuck up the block

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by 81delta+Dec 26 2003, 11:04 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (81delta @ Dec 26 2003, 11:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--bagged67imp@Dec 26 2003, 12:03 PM
I just looked underneath my car and there was oil around the oil pan seal and there was a gas leak a little bit down from the oilpan the gas was leaking from the piece that connects the pipes going to the engine to the pipe to the muffler. What the hell is going on.  My boys uncle came by and looked at it a few minutes ago and said that my starter is out and couldnt tell me what was wrong with my car without it being on. he said the reason it wont start is because  the starter is sticking or some shit ,  he was tapping it with a hammer for a long time and it didnt do shit.  Can someone try and give me an idea of what you think it could be..   thanks
sounds like the motor seized..... :([/b][/quote]
the motor seized? what is that , it dont sound good. :(

·
Burbans & Lacs
2,168 Posts
Originally posted by bagged67imp+Dec 27 2003, 05:52 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bagged67imp @ Dec 27 2003, 05:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 26 2003, 11:04 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--bagged67imp
@Dec 26 2003, 12:03 PM
I just looked underneath my car and there was oil around the oil pan seal and there was a gas leak a little bit down from the oilpan the gas was leaking from the piece that connects the pipes going to the engine to the pipe to the muffler. What the hell is going on.  My boys uncle came by and looked at it a few minutes ago and said that my starter is out and couldnt tell me what was wrong with my car without it being on. he said the reason it wont start is because  the starter is sticking or some shit ,  he was tapping it with a hammer for a long time and it didnt do shit.  Can someone try and give me an idea of what you think it could be..   thanks

the motor seized? what is that , it dont sound good. :([/b][/quote]
means time for a new motor!!!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by SICBSTRD+Dec 27 2003, 05:07 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SICBSTRD @ Dec 27 2003, 05:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 27 2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 26 2003, 11:04 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--bagged67imp
@Dec 26 2003, 12:03 PM

the motor seized? what is that , it dont sound good. :(
means time for a new motor!!![/b][/quote]
what did I say that would make you think that my motor seized?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts