LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

Need help with this kit

781 views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Volv_lo 
Originally posted by AndrewH@Aug 26 2006, 09:04 AM~6047502
10w30 or similar NON-DETERGENT motor oil.  or tractor hydraulic oil.

yesa it woulld make a grinding noise if the tanks run out of oil before its all the way up. i guess from tryin to suck air and fluid mixed into the gear head?

thats the first time I've seen hardline plumbing on the standard 2 pump 4 dump top block return plumbing, I was thinking about producing kits like that because the short loops of hose are so ugly.

and if by coming down hard you mean too fast, the slowdown valves should be the only thing that resembles a knob or a water facet valve handle. they looks green in your pic?
no motor oil is for your motor hydraulic oil is for hydraulics

Originally posted by mikefletcher85@Aug 26 2006, 01:37 PM~6048677
Ah. Makes more sence. My cuz told me that the green nob controlled the power at which the hydralcis went up. Not down.
Does autozone carry that hydralic fluid?
I think they do just call and ask

Originally posted by mikefletcher85@Aug 28 2006, 06:15 PM~6062155
see thats the problem.. he baught the car.. has no knowledge of cars... it was just shiny... so he took it

also he does not have a way to contact the previous owner for any help, thats why i turned here

also does anyone have any info on the setup i have pictured in the original post? im kinda looking for specs, and a manual would be really nice.. or a repair/maintaince guide would be awesome... all i know is that it says CEE and Max 30 PSI on them, i can post more pics if needed

PS.. CCE's site really sucks, there is no info about the kit, and no email addy (i work during their busniess hours)
I don’t think they made a manual for it but you can look around here or go buy a book called "the science of hydraulic suspension" here’s a link about pump tear down and build up http://www.lowridermagazine.com/tech/0301lrm_hydraulic_pump/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.