LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting 8" cyls up front in my 60 x frame i cut the holes where the centre of the shock used to be, when i put the cylinder in there the control bar for the upper a arm touches the cylinder, now i was going to extend the arm 1 ", but if i mount the hole arm on the other side with some shims that control bar will sit on the outside and clear the cylinder and the entire arm will sit out just over 1", which means i would not have to cut and extend my uppers....
has anybody done it this way before, or which would be the best way to do it, taking in consideration that i have already drilled out the holes for the cylinders...
Any help would be apreciated even better if there can be pics posted up...
Jay......

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
you drilled the holes wrong,you dont drill them from where the shock hole is they are more offset to the outside

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Extend the arms 1.5", then add some shims between the bar and the ears to move the crossbar back towards the engine some. Also, you cut the holes in the wrong place, but.... it's too late now to worry about that unless you want to weld the slug back in and re-drill.

I used to have a pic of the pilot hole, but heres a pic of the slug anyway. You want to drill a little to the outside of the shock hole..

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by wayne64ss@Sep 13 2005, 04:43 PM~3806666
yes same way i did mine (like big dans) good lookin out
whats up asshole? :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Originally posted by japSW20@Sep 13 2005, 03:38 PM~3807149
you also gotta notch out the a-arms because they hit your cylinder when you lay it out ;)
not if you extend @ the ears

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What if I bolt the a arm on the outside, that will clear the cylinder and give it an extra inch, that will same extending the a arm.............????
Has any one done this before.............?

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by FLAKED FLATOP@Sep 13 2005, 07:48 PM~3808167
What if I bolt the a arm on the outside, that will clear the cylinder and give it an extra inch, that will same extending the a arm.............????
worst idea Ive ever heard

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
Originally posted by FLAKED FLATOP@Sep 13 2005, 07:48 PM~3808167
:ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Originally posted by Miami305Rida@Sep 13 2005, 02:55 PM~3807306
not if you extend @ the ears
:cool: yea,I think you should just weld in the whole you cut,redrill the whole and extend your a-arms

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by 84lowcutty@Sep 13 2005, 07:58 PM~3808221
what about a 84 cutty would u cut center of the shock up front or is it off set 2 be4 i cut mine it would be nice 2 know
I heard G-Bodys stay on center, but I've never done one so...

·
Premium Member
11,540 Posts
Originally posted by FLAKED FLATOP@Sep 14 2005, 06:19 AM~3811585
TTT
why are you TTT this thread? Everyone has already helped you. You screwed up, re-weld it in, grind the welds smooth and re-cut your hole. Otherwise you are going to have one huge weak ass ugly looking hole up there

if you mount the arm on the outside, it will break your a-arm bolts or just pull them into the frame and make the holes huge. bad idea

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks heaps
I will re-weld the hole and start again........
these are the hole i did and the other is a view from the inside with a plate i welded inside, should i leave or remove that plate.......
Jay.....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts