·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IM WORKIN ON BUILDING THIS SYSTEM RIGHT NOW TO START OFF IN THE MONTE:

1 PUMP, COMPETETION BLOCK, #11 MARZOCCHI
2 ITALIAN DUMPS
3 SWITCHES
2 GEL CELL BATTERIES (ALONG WITH A EXTRA 100 AMP ALTERNATO AN BATT ISOLATOR TO HOPEFULLY KEEP THEM CHARGED)
6" SKINYS ALL AROUND
FAUCET SLOW DOWN
2 ACCUMALATORS
2-TON COILS UP FRONT

IM BASICALLY DROPPIN THE CAR ON 14'S WITH QUICK ABILITY TO CLEAR STEEP ASS DRIVEWAYS AND THEM DUMB AS APARTMENTS WITH SPEED BUMPS THAT'LL HOLD WATER WHEN IT RAINS CUS THIER SO BIG. NO HOPPING, JUST A COMFORTABLE LOW RIDE. I'M PUTIN MONROE SHOCKS ALL AROUND AND IMDOIN COILOVER IN TE BACK . THATS IF I CAN EVER FIND 1-TON MINI-COILS. DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHERE TO GET THESE?

WOULD LIKE TO RUN MOST OF THE WAY WITH POLISHED HARDLINE, SO WHAT SIZE DO I USE AND WHAT SIZE JUMPER HOSES TO THE CYLINDERS?
IM LOOKING FOR WHAT EVER GETS ME UP QUICKEST, WANT IT TO COME DOWN WAY SLOWER THOUGH.

HOW MANY SOLENOIDS SHOULD I USE?

WHICH SWITCHES I NEED TO GET #1-ALL UP & ALL DOWN
#2-FRONT UP & DOWN
#3-BACK UP & DOWN

AND HOW DO I WIRE THEM UP?

SHOULD I JUST GET A SOLENOID BLOCK?

CAN I PRESSURIZE THE TANK IF I GET A CLEAR ONE?

WILL THE ACCUMALATORS BE OK WITH THE PRESSURE?

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
O.k, This is a long question.... I have no problem helping out newbies, but I must say, you'd be happier getting a 2 pump kit cause you'll dislike being clowned 24/7...

ANYWAY:

#11 Marz- NO! 2 batts may not even lift it... go with like a 7 or so....

Italian dumps good choice

You only need two switches(1switch- whole car up and down, and the other switch- hit it up to drop the front or down to drop the rear) There is no point in wiring the switches to raise the front or the rear individually, because the whole car has to be raised anyway....(one pump...)

Gel cells are good! (go street charger instead)

6's will work o.k, but ditch the skinny's bro, go with reg or comp instead...

Faucet slows are great, but a bit steep... Parker 3/8 slows are perfecr for you..

accums are good too.... Fine with the pressure...

Check out the tech section for wiring, Don't use a shitty clear tank, keep it steel... Just say no to solenoid blocks, use Two good quality solenoids instead.

If you run hardline, use 0.49-0.60 stainless Steel 3/8.....

The problem when running two dump (one up front one out back) is you get a mean side to side sway around corners cause the fluid transfers from side to side, due to the fact that the two cylinders share a dump...

Good luck!

·
Registered
819 Posts
Well put answer.

Here's an additional two cents:

what I use for hardline is 3/8 aluminum fuel line. This polishes up just like chrome and you and spray clear to keep the shine. This is what I'm using in mine.

I will double the motion about two pumps and four dumps. You will be happier in the end.

I would recommend 6" to 10" of hose out of your cylinder to account for movement.

Hope this helps.

Later
TC

·
Registered
819 Posts
to be honest, I don't know what the max pressure is but I've been running them with absolutely no problems at all.

they are way easier to bend than stainless not to mention a hell of alot cheaper.

Later
TC

·
Registered
6,221 Posts
Originally posted by tcvaldez@Oct 8 2003, 12:31 PM
to be honest, I don't know what the max pressure is but I've been running them with absolutely no problems at all.

they are way easier to bend than stainless not to mention a hell of alot cheaper.

Later
TC
remember there is standard steel hardlines too,,,stainless isnt the only choice out there,,,, :)

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok guys,thanks for the help.
i dont think i wil have to worry abot the side to side thing because it will roll dropped the whole time and just raised to clear things.the fuel line thing is gonna save me some cash and so will the marzocchi thing too. i have plenty of regular heads to choose from for free.Im not really worried about being clowned all the time. my suspension in this car isnt for clownin. pretty much for adjustability cus the shits so low and im tired of fuckin up my rockers, headers and exhaust tips. i just want to have front and back so when finally enter it in a show it isnt just low, ya know it still got switches.
i might be gettin these chrome 8's from my homie, so ill be gettin away from the skinnys. and the solenoid problem ill fix with 2 accurates.
i can work with a steel tank and just paint it and pinstripe it r somethin, and a prker slow down i can get at work.
thanks
what size hose to run at the cylinder? #6 or #8?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts