LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just picked up a panasonic radio the other day. don't remember the model number off hand i'll post it later. any ways it has aux in. front, rear and sub outs. when i use the sub outs it makes a bump noise when the amp turns on, or when it shuts off and when i change tracks. if i use the rear outputs everything works fine with no noises. so would this be bad sub outs on the radio? i switches rca's redid my ground on my radio. anything i could think off. need some opinions

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Just use an O-ring connector or self tapping screw through the back of the case.

·
Registered
9,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok i switched amps and i pulled the radio out to do the case ground. I noticed if i tap the top of the radio by the rca's the groudn noise goes nuts and it wouldn't stop till i tapped it a few more times. so my guess is i have something broke or loose inside the radio.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Originally posted by hearseballa@Sep 29 2006, 08:17 PM~6273294
if i took the radio apart what have anyclue what u would be lookin for ?
Most likely not if you aren't familiar with working on small electronics...

It's a broken solder joint that will have to be found with the unit powered up...

That's not something I suggest anyone do...

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Originally posted by hearseballa@Sep 29 2006, 08:27 PM~6273333
fuck it then i'll just use the rear speaker rca's :(
Well, if the noise ONLY comes through the sub outs and they are the wired kind, it's "more possible" to narrow down the problem inside the h/u...

I think you will find that you wont see much in that area by taking the top off the h/u...

Using the rears will be fine, as long as you have a crossover, or have a low pass crossover in the amp...

·
Registered
33 Posts
YOU SHOULD TRY TO SWICTH THAT AMP WITH ANOTHER,JUST THE WIRES[REMOTE,GROUND,POWER THEN RCA CABBLES]-I'M 99% THAT I'T YOUR RCA CABBLES.DONT FORGET TO SWICH YOUR RCA PLUG'S THAT GO INTO THE STEREO.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Originally posted by SUSPECT.GANGSTA@Oct 2 2006, 04:18 AM~6286574
YOU SHOULD TRY TO SWICTH THAT AMP WITH ANOTHER,JUST THE WIRES[REMOTE,GROUND,POWER THEN RCA CABBLES]-I'M 99% THAT I'T YOUR RCA CABBLES.DONT FORGET TO SWICH YOUR RCA PLUG'S THAT GO INTO THE STEREO.

its always good to read the posts before you post so you dont look like an idiot...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts