LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my 80 monte carlo was running fine,,, i got the hydraulics in and after a few days of hopping i bent the passenger side upper control arm, drove the car into my garage, replaced the control arm and now it wont start,wont turn over at all... but when i spray some ether in the carb it will start/run for only a second. (will ether cause nocking? because when my buddy sprayed more ether in after it turned over for the 2 seconds it ran it was knocking badly..)

any ideas?

·
Registered
92 Posts
If it starts off ether, then you have a fuel problem. I would check like the fuel filter, lines, fuel pump etc. Because if it was something to do with electronics like distributor, or coil pack or plug wires, then even spraying in ether wouldn't make it start. I would disconnect the fuel line where it goes into the carburator and take like an old can of some sort (empty of course) and have someone crank it over for you, you should see a stream of fuel spray out of the line into the can. IF you don't your not getting fuel up to the carburator, if you do then it could possibly be like bad carburator or timing is way off or something, but shouldn't be since it ran when you drove it into the garage.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i took off the fuel filter and got my dad to turn it over and some gas does gush out, but not a steady stream ro anything,, just a little gush of bubbling fuel..i put a new filter in and it still wont start...

think its my carb???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts