LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

need help

941 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  KINGFISH_CUSTOMS 
#1 ·
If anyone could help with some suggestions. I went to raise my rear end up, and the solenoids just clicked, my front end still works, i tried running a jumper wire from the batteries directly to the solenoids, and they continued to click, then I tried running a jumper wire directly to the pump and all it did was spark. I'm thinking that I might have just locked my solenoids up, but I was wondering if anyone might think it's something different and could give some suggestions. Thanks

#4 ·
I would say one of the soleniods or wiring to the soleniod is bad. Check the ground on both your soleniods and pump. I would use a volt meter to test them. You will experience a spark trying to connect the power directly to the pump motor, but if you hold it after it sparks does the motor turn?

You said "i tried running a jumper wire from the batteries directly to the solenoids"... your power cable should be directly connected to the solenoids, unless you mean you ran it in between each soleniod to by-pass the one before it.

Check your 24volt jumpers (the small wires from the switch box) from one soleniod to the next, maybe one of them fell off not triggering the middle/last soleniod in the series.

#5 ·
thanks for the help homies, I just switched the wire for my front solenoids to my rear pump, and it still worked, so all it was, was the solenoids. Thanks to all ya'll who replied. :biggrin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.