LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put juice in the rear of my s10 and it will only lift about 3 inches and i have 12 inch cyl. anyone have any idea what could be the problem

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
Originally posted by squeege40@Dec 5 2003, 04:35 AM
I just put juice in the rear of my s10 and it will only lift about 3 inches and i have 12 inch cyl. anyone have any idea what could be the problem
HOW MUCH COIL ARE YOU RUNNIN?AND IF YOU GOT LOWERING BLOCKS ,TAKE THEM OUT ....LEAF SPRINGS WILL ONLY FLEX ,NOT STRECH...AND IT SOUNDS LIKE YOUR SUSPENSION IS BINDING?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im using about 6 turns on a mini coil and what would cause it to bind up

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
Originally posted by squeege40@Dec 5 2003, 04:40 AM
im using about 6 turns on a mini coil and what would cause it to bind up
THAT SEAMS ABOUT RITE...DOES THE TRUCK LAY? ARE THE SHOCKS NOT LONG ENOUGH? IS THE PUMP FULL OF OIL ? LET ME KNOW

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the truck doesn't lay but i had an 83 with the blocks in the rear and it would still lift and ya i got the tank clear full of oil

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
Originally posted by squeege40@Dec 5 2003, 05:06 AM
the truck doesn't lay but i had an 83 with the blocks in the rear and it would still lift and ya i got the tank clear full of oil
O.K...HOW HIGH IS THE TRUCK LAID OUT..STOCK HIEGHT???..IS ALL THIS NEW EQUIPMENT??? AND IF IT HAS BLOCKS ,NORMALLY IT'LL LIFT 8'' OR SO, NOT 12''... OR 3 TO 4'' OVER STOCK ,DOES IT STILL HAVE SHOCKS...SOME OF THE S-10 WOULD BOLT THE SHOCK TO THE 'U'BOLT PLATE AND,WITH THE BLOCK IT WILL MAKE YOU LOSE THAT DISTANCE OFF LIFT???..I'VE SEEN PEOPLE BEND THE FRAME TRYIN TO OVER LOCK IT UP.....THE SHOCKS WOULD LET IT LIFT TO A CERTAIN POINT,AND STOP,BUT THE CYLINDER WOULD KEEP GOING A BEND THE FRAME
JUST GOT TO GET ALL THE INFO I CAN TO HELP YOU...DON'T WANT TO SOUND STUPID....I HAD USED SOME OLD LUXOR STROKES ON A CAR AND,THE GUIDE SLEEVE HAD GOTTIN JAMBED,THE SHIT WOULD ONLY LIFT 4'' TOOK A WHILE TO FIND IT OUT????? HOPE THIS WILL HELP :biggrin:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the truck has a 5inch drop in the front and in the back it is mono leafed with a helper spring and a 2inch block so about a 4-5 inch drop it does stil have shocks

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
they are ranchos

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
If they are the shorter type shocks pull them off and try it they could be holding you back

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
From they way it sounds it is the shocks keeping it from raising. Try unbolting the bottom of the shock and if that does the trick then get some longer ones. If it still won't raise then check to see if your cylinders are bent. Either way if you are still using leaf springs then the most you will get is about 10" of lift out of them.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I wouldn't lock the back all the way up with those 12's, unless you have extended your shackles. Sounds like your shocks to me also. I just took mine out at install and tossed them.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks fellas your right it was the shocks now lift like a mutha fucka

1 - 13 of 13 Posts