LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys over at LIL are always so helpful so I was hoping you guys could take a look at this picture that I'm sure you've all seen and toss around some ideas as to the best way I might be able to create the same effect on my own handle bars. I am just worried because I do not have a steady hand with the scissors and even I folded it over to create a seam I still couldn't get it as perfect as these gentlemen have it...any ideas?
[attachmentid=286680]

Attachments

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes it does, but I want it to be perfectly cut and sized to the handlebars like they have it. Straight lines and all that...easier said then done

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by just lowriding+Sep 23 2005, 09:01 AM~3871313-->
that looks easy enough.
[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-biggeazy-e
@Sep 23 2005, 09:56 AM~3871563
piece of cake
I knew the LayItLow.com board wouldn't let a brother down. What would I possibly do without such detailed and descriptive suggestions from bicycle enthusiasts like yourselves?

·
Registered
48,347 Posts
All you have to do is when you get the grips, take thhe cap off. Slide the "grip" or rubber part off, Take your materiel and wrap it arund the grip. I would hot glue the ends at the bottom of the grip, where it is not visable. Thats just thhe half asses way I would do it. Maybe someone else can suggest a different way?

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Originally posted by socios b.c. prez@Sep 23 2005, 12:15 PM~3872028
All you have to do is when you get the grips, take thhe cap off. Slide the "grip" or rubber part off, Take your materiel and wrap it arund the grip. I would hot glue the ends at the bottom of the grip, where it is not visable. Thats just thhe half asses way I would do it. Maybe someone else can suggest a different way?
yea i would go with this way wit the hotglue gun cause u might get sick of tha bandana look and want 2 change it up . oh yea sum of these folks never help out with a topic they just say what they like and dont like (2 cent) like they are the lowrider bike gods or sum but yea go wit tha socios way

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by socios b.c. prez@Sep 23 2005, 11:15 AM~3872028
I have similar grips on my chrome bike without the material (I am not using bandana material btw), but if by "cap" you mean the very end part of the grip. This is not a "cap" at all. It is all made of a single peice of plastic. Thats what makes it harder than I suspected. If it was a cap, then the exess material could go under there easy...

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Go to an upholstry shop or fabric store and see what kind of glue they recommend. Probably measure out what you need, test fit, lay your glue out and slowly wrap it around, using something to smooth it out as you go. I say probably because I've never done it, just makes sense. Maybe ask on the Interiors forum.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
this might sound funny 2 u but my mom said u can get a spray its an adhesive 4 fabric it makes it stick 2 metal and when it dry it stay like glue cause i was thinkin tha hot glue would be messy when dry yea i got those grips wit the skulls at the end they dont come off

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by 1lowimpala@Sep 23 2005, 04:46 PM~3873980
just gave me a idea for a seat! ;)
Yo dude Pm me if you don't mind cause I want to make sure your idea don't cross with the one I am doing... :0

·
Banned
9,973 Posts
Originally posted by Sarcastik@Sep 23 2005, 04:54 PM~3874026
Yo dude Pm me if you don't mind cause I want to make sure your idea don't cross with the one I am doing...  :0
:roflmao: don't worry bought it dude, i probly will never get around to it

1 - 19 of 19 Posts