LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to add 20" wheels onto my S-10 pick up, but I also want to add on air bags. I am thinking that the 20" wheels might be to big, does anybody know?

Cris :cool:

·
Registered
677 Posts
a 24.5" overall diameter inc. tire is the biggest you can go on a S-dime without chopping into the inner wells and/or the firewall

·
Registered
277 Posts
do you want the truck to lay out? If so it's going to be some cutting. You can modify your stock control arms so that the ball joints won't bind at full compression plus add drop spindles. Air Ride Technologies makes bolt-on control arms that will let ya lay 20's - kinda pricey though. You're definately going to have to cut out your inner fenders and relocate everything that's sitting on them. Not sure if you have to tub the firewall or not.

·
Registered
265 Posts
first what year is your dime?
second here's my $.02 if your only bagin it (no spindals,arms,ect.ect..)yes they will fit
I did a drop on a friend's blazer with 20"spokes ,they look real good filling the whell wells!!!
I had the suspension bottomed out (same as bags with no other lowering components)and it drove fine ,no scrubing or anything with out taking out any wheel wells

just MAKE SURE their the right offset,and they tuck

·
Registered
82 Posts
ur gonna have to tub the firewall and make a new heater box

but wut year is ur truck?

i think the 94-95 s10's are the ez-est to bag on 20's
im not saying its a e-z job to do, their is still alot of work to be done but not as much stuff to relocate on the fenderwells

also i think u have to make the wiring harness longer by like a foot or so
but i think that has something to do with the year and all the stuff above the fenderwells

laters

1 - 6 of 6 Posts