LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I'm looking to paint my 05 Gsx-R. I've painted a few things before with rattle can. and most of them have turned out alright... I'm wanting to buy some of thise killer cans candy paint in a can... You can buy the kit that has like 13.5oz can of basecoat, 13.5oz can of candy, 13.5 can of clear... I didn't know if that would be enough or how many kits I should get... What's the trick to spraying this? Looking to order this and get started in the next few days, any input would be great...

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
buy real candy by the gallon and shoot it with a paint gun rattle can candy will look horrible

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol, well, if I had ever painted anything with a gun before I would. I wouldn't know where yo start, what to do, how to mix, etc. I just figured this stuff is supposed to be automotive paint in a can.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
every thing is easy they have the ratios of how to mix everything on the labels of the paint and just get some mixing cups its easy to paint just practice on a fender or some thing small were you can get from a junkyard for cheap and a cheap gun from harbor freight and find a friend with a 30+ gallon compressor im bout to buy a 60 gallon from harbor frieght and start my own thing

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
WTF !!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can do it because the cans are real paint with catalyst in them & they spray nice but DAYUMN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF ARE DOING ????????????

Just get a Touch up spray gun & do it the real way - It wont cost muc more & the results will be way better ................

Now,,, DONT ASK THIS QUESTION & DONT QUESTION ME
AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,229 Posts
Does it have to be Kandy? Alot of nice base pearls out there and maybe a bit easier to spray then the kandy if its your first job.

Harbor freight has some decent spray guns for cheap and always on sale. I usually use them for primer but should do the trick since you will be using it very minimal.

Good luck!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts