LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay i just got my hydros and i heard 2 different ways to put them in on the front!
i have a 97 nissan hardbody
these are the the types i was told both for front install!

1)
he said u dont need the brackets bolt the cylinder to the lower shock mount then for the top cut a 2 1/2 inch-3 inch hole in the inner fender, then he said whats will happen is the donut will lift the truck up and down that way with no welding, but where does the coil go in???

2)
guy said ill need to get the brackets for the front
then the cylinder connects to the lower shock mount then the bracket connects to the frame the the donut goes on the bottom of that and the coil goes in beween the donut and the mount

both say ill lay frame and both say i can hop
are both of these setups work???????????
or which one works better than tha other one
or which one works!?

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Take a wheel off and take a pic of your front suspinsion,I have never looked at a 97 nissan before

·
Registered
549 Posts
I HOOKED UP SOME HYDROS ON MY HOMIES NISSAN ABOUT A YEAR AGO.........WHAT U NEED TO DO IS TAKE OUT UR SHOCK...JUNK IT NO MORE SHOCKS WITH HYDROS...... REINFORCE UR SHOCK TOWER AND CUT THE HOLE ON TOP FOR UR CYLINDER.........UR GONNA NEED

1. 6" INCH CYLINDERS
2. MINI COILS .(YOU CAN FIND THEM AT AUTO ZONE)
THERE A REGULAR COIL JUST SMALLER IN DIAMATER

SO BASICLY UR CYLINDER GOES WHERE UR SHOCK USE TO BE...............OOHHHHHH YEA ANOTHER THING I DID WAS I WELDED A NUT TO THE BOTTOM OF THE CYLINDER SO THE SHOCK BOLD COULD SLIDE RIGHT THROUGH IT.....I PUT SOME WASHERS ON EACH SIDE TO KEEP IT FROM SLIDING SIDE TO SIDE.........

IF U GOT ANYQUESTIONS EMAIL ME ([email protected]) AND ILL DRAW U UP A LIL DIAGRAM......AIGHT HOMIE, I THIS HELPED

·
Registered
549 Posts
ACTUALLY U KNOW WHAT HOMIE........I JUST WENT TO THE TECH SITE ON HERE AND WENT TO SUSPENSION AND THEN TORSONBARS AND THEY GOT THE EXACT DIAGRAM THAT I WOULD HAVE DRAWN.......ITS A GOOD PIC...... :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts