LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My motor is burned out. I need help to fix so I don't have to pay lots of many to someone else unless I need to. THanks. :( Does any fluid come out where the motor disconnects? Should I empty first?

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
since its a bad motor this wont matter but if you ever break a pump down easy when u take the motor off cause some fall apart-the end stays on the block and so does the motor shaft the case will just pull off then you have to hold the 4 mags that are spring loaded onto the shaft-its a pain in the ass

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
its juts 2 bolts loosen them pull it out and put in the new one tighten back up no fluid or nothing

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
Originally posted by danp68@Oct 2 2007, 11:57 PM~8918727
since its a bad motor this wont matter but if you ever break a pump down easy when u take the motor off cause some fall apart-the end stays on the block and so does the motor shaft the case will just pull off then you have to hold the 4 mags that are spring loaded onto the shaft-its a pain in the ass
not mags brushes ,,, and if you see any oil in the motor you got bigger issues .. you try 12 volts staight to motor already?

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
Originally posted by Mexrican+Oct 2 2007, 03:49 PM~8917913-->
My motor is burned out.  I need help to fix so I don't have to pay lots of many to someone else unless I need to.  THanks. :(  Does any fluid come out where the motor disconnects?  Should I empty first?
[/b]
<!--QuoteBegin-ice64berg
@Oct 2 2007, 08:20 PM~8919739
not mags brushes ,,, and if you see any oil in the motor you got bigger issues .. you try 12 volts staight to motor already?
Should not be oil but depends on how the motor came to be...defective, broken, on fire....

Two long bolts, remove them... pull motor slowly out, there will be a "key" female to male or female to female shaft that connects the pump head (in the tank) to the motor. If you see oil around the shaft from the pumphead then you may have a seal that went bad. This seal must be replaced by removing the entire pump, tank then pumphead...let us know if that is what happened. If not then simply replace the old motor with a new one (same key will work if same type of motor), tighten bolds (line key and bolts up to holes), connect your power and start having fun again. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts