LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has a 87 Monte and he is getting oil inside of his carb from the inside of the motor. I think that it is a gasket or seal somewhere but don't know for sure. Just want to know if anyone might know what it might be or if anyone had this problem before and what it took to fix it. THANKS :)

·
Registered
20,447 Posts
You might want to check the PCV valve. If this valve is old and dirty it will get clogged. If it gets clogged up, It will cause the air pressure in the cranckcase to rise and in turn oil will be pushed out through the carb. PCV valve = Positive Cranckcase Ventilation valve. I believe there is also a "cranckcase filter" on that car, I'd replace that while you're at it. ;)

Last edited by BROWN SOCIETY CC at Nov 15 2003, 06:38 AM

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked the PVC out myself and it still rattles so it's good. I opened the valve cover caps up and smoke comes out. I'm thinking it might be the rings or something internal. The idle also goes low enough to stall the car after a few. That could be due to the oil in the carb though. Don't know for sure though. I'm not a mechanic. Any help will be much appreciated

1 - 3 of 3 Posts