LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of purchasing a motor and transmission from my cuz who bought both brand new and never installed either one the only thing is they have been sitting for about 8 or 9 years never had any fluids or acc. put on the motor was supposobly checked out about a year ago and is said to be perfect. I am just a litle skeptical because the motor and tranny have been sitting for so long....and the motor is wrapped in plastic also. any input would help he is seling the motor because he needs some cash I cant install for at least 6 months or id install before i paid....just trying not to get burned

·
Registered
178 Posts
if the motor is brand new and never been run and you say its still wrapped up just put some marvel mistery( excuse my spelling of that word) oil in each cyl. put some spark plugs in it some the oil will not leak back out (you can put in some old spark plugs if you have any) let sit for a week and put a bolt in the back of the crank where the flywheel goes use a socket and braker bar and slowly turn the crank if it turns freely the motor is still good on the trans if its never been use just put in a new front and back seal and a new trans filter gasket.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if the motor is brand new and never been run and you say its still wrapped up just put some marvel mistery( excuse my spelling of that word) oil in each cyl. put some spark plugs in it some the oil will not leak back out (you can put in some old spark plugs if you have any) let sit for a week and put a bolt in the back of the crank where the flywheel goes use a socket and braker bar and slowly turn the crank if it turns freely the motor is still good on the trans if its never been use just put in a new front and back seal and a new trans filter gasket.
sounds like a plan im picking it up soon thanks for the advice

1 - 7 of 7 Posts