LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well im pretty new to wire rims and I just bought 56 roadster spoke 13 inch rims. They were sold to me pretty cheap and so I said whatever Ill take them. But I noticed they were boultons and the knock off was different from other knockoffs Ive seen before where the knock off holds the rim and tire. My question here is with a boulton knock offs can I put on an emblem on the center cap or will I have to buy a whole new knock off. I have 2 rims with the eagle engraved in it and the other 2 are empty. Will the emblems fall off easy? what can I do here to make them all look good.

Thanks in advance.

·
Phoenix Chapter President
6,456 Posts
Originally posted by CHUKO13@Nov 18 2008, 08:54 PM~12196469
Well im pretty new to wire rims and I just bought 56 roadster spoke 13 inch rims. They were sold to me pretty cheap and so I said whatever Ill take them. But I noticed they were boultons and the knock off was different from other knockoffs Ive seen before where the knock off holds the rim and tire. My question here is with a boulton knock offs can I put on an emblem on the center cap or will I have to buy a whole new knock  off. I have 2 rims with the eagle engraved in it and the other 2 are empty. Will the emblems fall off easy? what can I do here to make them all look good.

Thanks in advance.
You want some good advice?.....................Sell them and save up for some China's........Post some pics of the bolt ons......

·
18,283 Posts
Originally posted by DanielDucati@Nov 18 2008, 08:18 PM~12196757
You want some good advice?.....................Sell them and save up for some China's........Post some pics of the bolt ons......
Yup

·
Phoenix Chapter President
6,456 Posts
are these the ones you bought?

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
do the centers come off easy? they are held on by the same concept that holds on 75% of stock wheel caps..

Hope the bolt pattern matches your car

·
IGOTABIG
2,518 Posts
Originally posted by CHUKO13@Jan 2 2009, 10:42 PM~12589414
I heard the center cap comes off easily is that true?
this is true; they get taken off easily with a screwdriver or something flat to pop them off. If driving they don't, I had some 13s that were like these on my 80 Fleetwood Coupe back in 97 and I placed emblems in the middle; mine were just plain. However what I did was on evenings I would take them off and during the day have them on. Make yourself some sort of lock, like a tack weld behind the cap to a wire with a loom at the end and bolt it on with the lugnut. That should work. :biggrin:

·
18,283 Posts
Originally posted by CHUKO13@Jan 5 2009, 02:15 PM~12612937
But is it even worth jacking the cap? they don't make these no more that I'm aware off?
Back in the days they got stolen. Nowadays probably not, but you never know. Some people will steal anything. :0

1 - 13 of 13 Posts