LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
~Individuals CC~
6,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Doors shut hard. They both align with the rear quarter perfectly, but against the fender the gap is wider at the top (1/2 in) than at the bottom (1/4 in).

2. The driver side is always about 2 inches lower than the drivers side. When locked and when dumped. The difference causes the front to dump unevenly.

3. It will only really 3 wheel when turning left, the right side might get up 2-3 inches.

5. I've replaced front strokes, springs had the pockets reinforced trying to fix the problem to no avail.

Will swapping frames correct these issues? All advice is appreciated.

Peace.

Attachments

·
~Individuals CC~
6,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just the pockets, which were barely starting to give.

Keep in mind, I just had the doors off when it was painted so I'm not sure if the fit is causing the gaps or what.

When its dumped, the left upper a arm is resting on the plastic inner fender, when the right side has about 2 inches of clearance.

There is no sign of stress, breaks or anything on the frame I can see.

I'm stumped. :(

Will swapping the frame fix it?

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
have you checked the rear spring perches? I tore one of mine almost all the way off before I noticed it and it was causing the front to not sit right cause the rear was crooked all the time. I fixed the spring perch and everything was alright.

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
That's caused by the body mounts beeing too soft, og ones pretty much allways are. If you reinforce the frame, you'll need to change the body mounts too. Also, you might be able to shim those things right. I'm only talking about the door gaps here.

·
Registered
100 Posts
do you have full coil stacks if not you might have cut the coils different sizes.

·
Registered
100 Posts
oh and i would have to bet if you had the doors off then that is the problom with the gaps i would just try reajusting the doors first.i also have had a couple of cars that did not want to three wheel on one side.what do you have for a rear end set up.is it a 3 link 4 link or what.

·
~Individuals CC~
6,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its coil over with 12" strokes in the rear w powerballs. No other rear mods.

It seems like it is always in a bind in the ass, but I was thinking that could be due to junk ass deltas. These days I'm not sure of anything.

The front coils are precut and are flush on both ends (in the front).

"That's caused by the body mounts beeing too soft, og ones pretty much allways are. If you reinforce the frame, you'll need to change the body mounts too. Also, you might be able to shim those things right."

Shim the doors? We tried that. Are you saying its tweaked b/c of the soft body mounts? Please explain.

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by NaptownSwangin@Aug 1 2005, 03:11 PM
Its coil over with 12" strokes in the rear w powerballs. No other rear mods.

It seems like it is always in a bind in the ass, but I was thinking that could be due to junk ass deltas. These days I'm not sure of anything.

The front coils are precut and are flush on both ends (in the front).

"That's caused by the body mounts beeing too soft, og ones pretty much allways are. If you reinforce the frame, you'll need to change the body mounts too. Also, you might be able to shim those things right."
Shim the doors? We tried that. Are you saying its tweaked b/c of the soft body mounts? Please explain.
[snapback]3519437[/snapback]​

No (I was thinking of shim the fenders in right) but that shit might happen even if you reinforce the frame, the trick is to change the body mounts as well. -To harder ones, Poly Urethane bushings is very good. I'm only talking about the door gaps here, not the car sitting crooked.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Check all of your bushings in you A-arms,trailing arms, ect . If one is bad theyll cause the car to sometimes sit uneven.

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
As for the frame, have you really hopped it, like REALLY hopped it? If you have and it's not reinforced, then the a-arms / trailing arms might be tweaked, frames get cracked more often than tweaked. It still might be tweaked thou so go get it up on some jackstands and do some old fashioned measuring...

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
something aint right .has a body mount ripped through the frame ive had that before usualy the 1 right behind the front wheel or the 1 behind the rear wheel ,now if it was mine i would place the car on 4 jackstand 1 in each corner (bumper mounts) if the frame is tweeked it will either rest on 3 stands and be off 1 or all the door gaps would move due to the frame flexing ,what set up are you running? is the front cylds pushing through the frame? have you got a bent a arm/trailing arm? does the rear look the same as the front?

·
~Individuals CC~
6,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Badass -It has been hopped, prior to me getting it. The setup isnt capable of more than 6 inches of air and that is pushing it pretty hard. Where would I measure? Can u give specfic points?

The front perches are reinforced and not in any way giving. The rear looks like, well a rear coil over. It raises and sits even, but when dumping the rear it ALWAYS binds up.

Rear trailing arms could make the front sit uneven? I've had the uppers off the car and new bushings installed. I don't see any bends in the arms. I havent checked the trailing arms.

I'm gonna try the jackstand thing tonight.

·
~Individuals CC~
6,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
TTT -

Can the rear trailing arms cause the frame to seem tweaked?
:uh:

·
Registered
158 Posts
if all checks out with bushings and all, then take the car to a body shop and have them measure the frame. By the look of those gaps, might be tweaked on the front end.

·
~Individuals CC~
6,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Could a body shop with a frame rack straighten the damn thing while I get funds to build one?

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
this is JUST a suggestion...but call your local tech schools and they have programs on frame straigthening..........

call them and setup and appointmnet it won't cost you much if not nothing at all.......

tech schools only charge you for materials.no labor........

the only bad thing is they keep your car for a while.....1 to 2 weeks....so the students know how to do it.......

your area might be different but it's worth a shot because getting this work done in a shop will KILL the wallet

1 - 20 of 26 Posts