LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
~Individuals CC~
6,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Could bad lower A arm bushings cause this?

Is it possible to be bent with no signs of bending, stress or cracks?

The lower a arm bushings look like shit.

·
Registered
9,792 Posts
ive seen bent upper and lower control arms before.
it could be many things though.

were the doors alighned properly when the car came back from the painters, if you evem had it since then?
the doors do look like the frame is tweaked though. i dont think a professional painting shop would leave the doors sagging like that.

the coils could have worn out differently. the 3 wheel side (usually right front) will wear much differently than the left front because of the stress 3 wheeling causes. the frame will cave in with time and the lowers and uppers will bend differently and give you a different stance. which is proably why you car sits differently.

its pretty hard to say if a frame is bent, only way to find out and be 100% sure is if you just swap the frame. thats easier than trying to take it to a frame straitener. i dont know how much you pay for things over there, buts thats the best way to go. once a car has hydraulics, nothing is ever the same. thats the price you pay with lowriders. :biggrin:

like i said, its could be many things, these are just a few things that could be wrong.

if i was you, i wouldnt really worry about it too much. just when you get another frame, make sure to reinforce it from front to back, and use new parts when putting it back together. if you use the used stuff, then you will put yourself back at square one. thats the right way to do it, with new stuff.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
1. no reinforcements (or partial)
2. crossmember looks caved in...
3. riding locked up
4. leaving the car locked up for a times while...
5. hopping the car
6. broken frame from the middle.

Those are all issues of having your doors begining to misalign.

Correct:
1. change frame
2. fix and reinforce full frame
3. tighten up body mounts (frame to the car)
4. your car looks as if it just became a uni-body... check your frame its broken...
5. change frame and align everything again LOL

:-D

Originally posted by NaptownSwangin@Jul 31 2005, 06:41 PM
1. Doors shut hard. They both align with the rear quarter perfectly, but against the fender the gap is wider at the top (1/2 in) than at the bottom (1/4 in).

2. The driver side is always about 2 inches lower than the drivers side. When locked and when dumped. The difference causes the front to dump unevenly.

3. It will only really 3 wheel when turning left, the right side might get up 2-3 inches.           

5. I've replaced front strokes, springs had the pockets reinforced trying to fix the problem to no avail.

Will swapping frames correct these issues? All advice is appreciated.

Peace.
[snapback]3516786[/snapback]​

·
~Individuals CC~
6,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
The doors were fine until we removed them. The bodyshop claims that the hinge pins and bushings are bad and that wont allow it to line up properly.

H

·
0 Posts
if the rear spring ear is bent up it might make it sit uneven try welding in a c-channel bridge u will get a higer 3-wheel with those 12`s

·
~Individuals CC~
6,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I pulled it out of my unlevel garage, and onto the street. Locked it up and put the damn thing on jackstands. The frame is not bent. The sway bar was unhooked on one end. I measured again on level ground, less than 1/2 inch in height variance.

It dumps evenly and lifts evenly. Fucking paranoid about frame damage. It does need an alignment badly.

After looking at photos of door gaps before doors were removed and after it seems the shop didnt fit them properly.

Ill keep you posted. :biggrin:

21 - 26 of 26 Posts