LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, all I have a 1957 chevy truck I am building for the past 5 yrs now. early on I bought a weld in air ride ifs kit from reputable company (whom i wish not to name at the moment) he recommended slam bag ss6 for it, he stated that they done quite a few with no problems but my gut tells me other.......so i installed it. Now I've been reading that most people recommend at least ss7 bags.... I am running a bbc454 in it the truck is not finished yet, nor on the road yet and if need, will cut in some room for ss7 bags. The truck weight is 4500lbs, the bags are 6 1/4" in height at ride height and 74 psi per bag . what do you all think? looking for a suggestions or do you think the slam ss6 bag will do. Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
603 Posts
I have a BB OBS Chevy dually with SS8 bags in the front. If you're gonna trim to run the SS7 bags, and have the clearance, I'd step up to the SS8. They have more stroke and will lift easier than bags that are smaller.

One the rear I'm running semi bags since its a dually and I like to pull. My rear bags take quite a bit more air, but require less pressure.

A larger bag will do the job easier, if you can feed it

1 - 2 of 2 Posts