LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a while back i was pullin three andnot long after that thr trans in my s-10 took a shit i replaced it and it did it again well after replacing the trans for the 3rd time i forgot to put the nut that holds the trans mout to the crossmember wel i notised that when i pulled three and the trans hit my floor board well i fugured out my problem its my drive shaft pushin my tranny well i would like some advice some pix maybe of a driveshaft i need to build what mods i need to make. my drive shaft has a longer slip yolk on the front the part that goes into the trans ill measure my driveshaft when i get back home . someone please help lol i love pullin 3 but i hate the price i have to pay to do it.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Originally posted by dreday@Dec 23 2003, 12:28 PM
get a drive shaft from Arizona drive shafts..... :thumbsup:
Yeah, they already have Lowrider drive shafts made or you can have them build a custom one. However, you'll probably just need one of the ones on the list. Heres the link, hope it helps....

http://www.arizonadrivelines.com/low_rider.htm

·
Registered
19,959 Posts
Originally posted by Day Day@Dec 23 2003, 08:32 AM
a while back i was pullin three andnot long after that thr trans in my s-10 took a shit i replaced it and it did it again well after replacing the trans for the 3rd time i forgot to put the nut that holds the trans mout to the crossmember wel i notised that when i pulled three and the trans hit my floor board well i fugured out my problem its my drive shaft pushin my tranny well i would like some advice some pix maybe of a driveshaft i need to build what mods i need to make. my drive shaft has a longer slip yolk on the front the part that goes into the trans ill measure my driveshaft when i get back home . someone please help lol i love pullin 3 but i hate the price i have to pay to do it.
pm RICH on here he makes them any way you want

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
actually, if you go to a speed shop or driveshaft shop they should be able to shorten it for you about an inchfor around 50-100 dollas.

i think it's a lot easier and cheaper than playing a game of "ship the driveshaft halfway across the nation". :uh:

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if shorten it is all i hafta do i can do it myself i done it in my cutty when i put a th400 trans in it so you thik an inch would be perfect??

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
yes an inch should be just fine. shorten it and put it in the car. and take it for a drive. if you get any vibration take it out and take it to a driveshaft shop to have it balanced. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts