LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinkin about buying this chassis for my lindberg 64 impala 1:25 scale model. Now i was wondering if the chassis from hopping hydros site is the same size as my 64 so that i can mold the frame on the hopping hydros chassis. the information that it gives off the site dosent say anything about the scale that it requires. I juz need some help from some experts that maybe have heard any information or that has had experience in doing what im trying to do thank you!
~$outh$idePlayer ;)

Last edited by $outh$idePlayer at Sep 14 2003, 04:54 PM

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by 1ofaknd@Sep 14 2003, 05:04 PM
yes, it fits 1/24 and 1/25 scale models, but if you mold it to your model, what are you going to do if you burn up a motor or if you break the string???
no i was gunna use the screws to screw it on dosent it have screws?.....

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if noone knows anything about it dose anyone know if 40$ for the model chassis is worth it has anyone ever bought off hoppinghydros.com?

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
40 bux is a lot of money, you'll get it and then wonder why the hell you spent that much on something that will turn out to be pretty simple. But it's a good start. That chassis will fit on any impala for 58 to 76. No screws because the strings will probably have to be replaced often, so you'll be taking it apart a lot.

K. Diaz

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by BigPoppa@Sep 14 2003, 06:39 PM
40 bux is a lot of money, you'll get it and then wonder why the hell you spent that much on something that will turn out to be pretty simple. But it's a good start. That chassis will fit on any impala for 58 to 76. No screws because the strings will probably have to be replaced often, so you'll be taking it apart a lot.

K. Diaz
thankz for the advice but now i am wondering how i can mold the frame on the chassie? you know how? :dunno:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Originally posted by $outh$idePlayer@Sep 14 2003, 07:35 PM
if noone knows anything about it dose anyone know if 40$ for the model chassis is worth it has anyone ever bought off hoppinghydros.com?
its a good kit for someone who's never built one before. Its a bit to much on the price. I spend maybe half that on a dancer, and that includes toggle switches instead of push button. If its your first time messing with model hydraulics, then sure go for it. Hoppin' Hydros is a great company, dealt with them for years *since '98*. As for screwing it down, you can, but it should come with velco, which works good enough.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Majestics Pablo+Sep 14 2003, 07:01 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Majestics Pablo @ Sep 14 2003, 07:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--$outh$idePlayer@Sep 14 2003, 07:35 PM
its a good kit for someone who's never built one before. Its a bit to much on the price. I spend maybe half that on a dancer, and that includes toggle switches instead of push button. If its your first time messing with model hydraulics, then sure go for it. Hoppin' Hydros is a great company, dealt with them for years *since '98*. As for screwing it down, you can, but it should come with velco, which works good enough.[/b][/quote]
great where did you get that one you paid half for with the toggel switches?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Originally posted by $outh$idePlayer@Sep 14 2003, 08:05 PM
great where did you get that one you paid half for with the toggel switches?
built it myself using some of the items you can get from Hoppin Hydros. I bought the motors, switches, wiring, and box from a electronic shop. I'm sure you can go to RadioShack and even find stuff there. The only thing I used from Hoppin' Hydros was the chassis, t-sliders, and wire wheels. I've been building hoppers and dancers for years *back since 94*. I only like to use HH 's chassis mainly cause I'm lazy to make some out of plastic, and their t-sliders, cause well.. once again, I'm too lazy to make them.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cool man im new to building models i have millions of them but iv never got down an build one from the motors to the body juz bought them an fucked with em
but i wana start learning about building them

Last edited by $outh$idePlayer at Sep 14 2003, 07:16 PM

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I got a Hoppin Hydros 4 motor setup, that slides into 64 Impalas with no cutting. I was thinking about turning my 64 into a hopper with it seeming my itnerior stuffed up, but I have the prolbme, you use the switch for the, front right, and the string, or wire, winds up and you can't use that wheel anymore. Anyone help me out with some soloutions to this problem?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Originally posted by $outh$idePlayer+Sep 14 2003, 11:05 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ($outh$idePlayer @ Sep 14 2003, 11:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Majestics [email protected] 14 2003, 07:01 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--$outh$idePlayer
@Sep 14 2003, 07:35 PM

its a good kit for someone who's never built one before. Its a bit to much on the price. I spend maybe half that on a dancer, and that includes toggle switches instead of push button. If its your first time messing with model hydraulics, then sure go for it. Hoppin' Hydros is a great company, dealt with them for years *since '98*. As for screwing it down, you can, but it should come with velco, which works good enough.
great where did you get that one you paid half for with the toggel switches?[/b][/quote]
For switches go here:
http://store.yahoo.com/internettrains/minm...nmintogswi.html

remember get the momentary toggles. ;)

-twin

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Originally posted by jevries@Sep 15 2003, 09:09 AM
Hmmmm...I'm puzzled.. :uh:
I need help with my Hoppin Hydros chassis too. I can only hit a button once and then that wheel is out for the rest of the show unless you turn the model over and pull the wire or string out that you have tied to the axle. Doesn't anyone get this same problem?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
you may have TO MUCH slack in the line, try less slack, a little more weight, and mabe a more powerfull battery. what are you runnin it on right now?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts