LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my girl asked for new subs for xmas cause our old ones died, the only thing she wants them to be is two 15's that are loud, lol. after reading all day n part of yesterday, ive read that one sub can be just as good as two (depending) so i decided to get one. (also like having some trunk space) ive been looking at kickers, but im pretty lost. L7's seem to be popular, but ive read many times theres not a lot of difference between them and L5's, and alot of ppl say there is a big difference.... i could get one 15" L7 and zx1000.1 for around $520 to $560. or one 15" L5 with a zx750.1 for about $420. so about $100 to $140 difference...im fine with the more expensive price but, i dont wanna pay the difference if im not getting a lot of difference...car is a 95 town car... i am open to other brands/model of speakers, having two speakers is ok, and also ok with 12's instead of a 15(have a vented dual enclosure). i could go a little bit more expensive but above prices look pretty good to me...thanks for any help!!! :)

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
whats your budget for subs and amps?
whats your electrical system lookin like?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
like i said im fine with 560 or so, could go into 600 or a little more bout would rather not reach 700.....as far as what for the electrical system? its just the stock alternator....not running anything extra if thats what u mean...

·
Registered
339 Posts
i had 2 15 MTX Thunder 8000's in car and that damn thing beat down the block im puttin them in my cutty tomorrow cuz i traded the other one off but i would go with MTX's homie but thats jus my $0.02

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
whats the price range on those w an amp? how much space would they take up? anybody else got any suggestions?

·
Registered
339 Posts
idk how much they go for i got mine from a buddy for 25 bucks for both but idk what they r really worth he had to get rid of em because his girl was complainimg

·
Registered
873 Posts
i'm not nockin kicker, shit i used to rock they're shit. but u can get better quality or longer lasting equipment. right now i'm using memphis amps and db drive subs. thats what works for me at the moment.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
im confused on that last one....its a dual voice 4 ohm sub, if you wired it paralell it would be 2 ohms right? and the amp shows 300w at 2 ohms....but the sub says 600w thermal, which im gonna guess is rms since the listing says 1000w sub...so the sub would only be getting half of whats its capable of wouldnt it? please correct me if im wrong because ive just been tryna learn this stuff for the past few days...and i only came up with these questions because i checked out the specs on those links to see if i could see the reason they match, then i visited some sites to understand why, which made me think they dont. like i said please correct if i got something wrong...

edited because i fucked up n forgot a word, n had to remove one also, lol

double edit because i forgot this... i was looking at other sites to compare prices and it had different ratings, so i went to the us amps site and it said this was teh raitings...
75W x 1 @ 4ohms RMS
150W x 1 @ 2ohms RMS
500W x 1 @ 1ohms RMS

·
Registered
74 Posts
Originally posted by incman78@Nov 25 2008, 08:59 PM~12258622
i'd say memphis amps and either one of these subs.

db drive, digital designs, fi audio, reaudio,or maybe some treo's

all very good equipment, owned everything there but db and fi
currently got 4 treo ssx 15's and 4 digital design m3 amps

the only prob with most of these subs, u will need a pretty decent size box to run these

the kicker is an excellent choice for a small box design, depending on what u r going to do with this and sounds like street beat then either one will work for u. if u were going to compete with this then i would say the L5, there a lil more durable and guys were putting out big numbers with these vs. the L7's, there a lil more durable and can pretty much handle the same power for burps

1 - 20 of 21 Posts