LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1997 Chevy Cavilier 2 door. I want to paint it candy appel red. With 1 inch chrome flakes. I will not need to paint the top because Iam going to give it a white phatom top. Its going to look bad.

Please give me a quote on the work ;)

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
Originally posted by Clor@Aug 19 2003, 06:17 PM
I have a 1997 Chevy Cavilier 2 door. I want to paint it candy appel red. With 1 inch chrome flakes. I will not need to paint the top because Iam going to give it a white phatom top. Its going to look bad.

Please give me a quote on the work ;)
:biggrin:-------------1 INCH FLAKE --------DAMN-----THAT WOULD LOOK LIKE CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :uh: YOU WOULD HAVE TO PUT THEM ON BY HAND IF YOU COULD EVEN FIND A COMPANY WHO MAKES THEM.........I KNOW A COUPLE OF BROTHERS OUT HERE IN THE VALLEY WHO USE TO TO SHOOT FLAKE W/ A INSECTICIDE SPRAYER BECUASE THEY COULD NOT FIND A GUN THAT HAD A LARGE ENOUGH TIP TO SPRAY THE LARGE FLAKE THAT THEY HAD--------THEY DID ALOT OF FLKAE JOBS FOR TOYZ R US HERE IN THE VALLEY-------------THE NAVARRO BROTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

Last edited by lowriderlife at Aug 20 2003, 02:42 PM

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
That has to be a typo..............1"......... hellzzz no!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright :uh:

How much for the candy appel red with 1/2 inch flakes or 1/3 inch. ;)

·
Registered
949 Posts
what ever flake U decide ,, prices can vary that much its not funny ,,
Here in Australia I charge $4-5k for a flaked out candy job ,, others I've seen charge over $10k ,, Its not money that predicts a job Its product and labour and also the painters abilities ..
You need to just check out a few places that do the work you want and make sure your gettin what you want for the price they charge ..

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
Originally posted by Lowlow76+Aug 21 2003, 12:18 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lowlow76 @ Aug 21 2003, 12:18 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Clor@Aug 20 2003, 10:25 PM
Alright :uh:

How much for the candy appel red with 1/2 inch flakes or 1/3 inch.  ;)
how old are you and where are you from?[/b][/quote]
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

·
Gone But NEVER Forgotten
15,590 Posts
ive got 1/8" flake on a couple of my cars and trust me if your are not good or find someone who is they will not even be able to lay that paint job out

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
Originally posted by sabre@Aug 20 2003, 08:25 PM
what ever flake U decide ,, prices can vary that much its not funny ,,
Here in Australia I charge $4-5k for a flaked out candy job ,, others I've seen charge over $10k ,, Its not money that predicts a job Its product and labour and also the painters abilities ..
You need to just check out a few places that do the work you want and make sure your gettin what you want for the price they charge ..
good answer sabre--------wow------some advice that was really easy to understand--------finally--------just kidding bro- :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
this guy in my town has 1/4in flake and its hella big..can't tell if the car is blue or silver....

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
For one thing Im 20 and stay in TAMPA.

You soft Boys cant compete. but thats all good.

I'll get a Quote els wear.

Bitches :uh:

Maybe it was 1/4 :uh:

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Originally posted by Clor@Aug 21 2003, 10:58 PM

maybe u dont know wtf u are talking about :machinegun: :machinegun: :machinegun: :machinegun:

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
Originally posted by bncrzy+Aug 21 2003, 10:11 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bncrzy @ Aug 21 2003, 10:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Clor@Aug 21 2003, 10:58 PM

maybe u dont know wtf u are talking about :machinegun: :machinegun: :machinegun: :machinegun:[/b][/quote]
maybe it's a tampa thing-------------- :biggrin:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Originally posted by Clor@Aug 21 2003, 10:58 PM

whos the one crying bitch face :tears: :tears:

·
Registered
880 Posts
Originally posted by showandgo@Aug 21 2003, 07:06 AM
ive got 1/8" flake on a couple of my cars and trust me if your are not good or find someone who is they will not even be able to lay that paint job out
do you have any pics? I dont think i have ever seen flakes that big before. What color flake and basecoat did u use?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts