LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help me out, I want to paint a ride I'm planning on getting a metallic purple, like a deep metallic purple. Can anyone help me out with some colour charts of different companies or some pictures of certain purples? Would be much appreciated! I need to think about my options for a paintjob.

Cheers :cool:

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That looks pretty sweet, looks like it goes blue in better light though. I'll put it down as a possibility! I've got to imagine it on one of these

You've probably seen that picture but an elderly lady is selling hers for $3,500 up here and it only needs paint(I see it every morning) sounds beasty and it's a DeVille too.

Any more paint shots are welcomed :biggrin:

Cheers for the photos bigdan :cool:

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hell yeah, thats a sweet colour! I like that one, I'll see if I can get someone who is an ace at photoshopping I know to get the colour onto that WB photo. Thanks again Bigdan :cool:

·
Registered
232 Posts
If u like candy paint try a ppg 1997 dodge viper blue w/ blue pearl for base coat, then 3 coats of candy apple red over it and u get a beautiful plum purple. And the pearl in the blue base gives a very high reflecting purple when hit by different types of light....and if u like flake u can get a little more creative and put hok's blue flake on the blue base and then the candy red, you will get a little shimmer along w/ the flip flopping of the purpledo to the blue pearl....just used that on a crotch rocket i just painted and i was amazed! :cool:

·
Banned
8,749 Posts
This is an awesome paint job.Candy purple, it might be over a silver base. I am not completely sure.

This is HOK candy purple over 5 coats of silver glamour

·
Banned
8,749 Posts
Originally posted by Purpura Delujo@Aug 22 2003, 02:38 AM
Please help me out, I want to paint a ride I'm planning on getting a metallic purple, like a deep metallic purple. Can anyone help me out with some colour charts of different companies or some pictures of certain purples? Would be much appreciated! I need to think about my options for a paintjob.

Cheers :cool:
what kind of car are you going to paint purple?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts