LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Im ingo I live in Iceland where there are no low riders, I whanted to do something about it so I bougt a chervolet caprice classic model 1989, and know Im wondering what is best for my to buy? What do I need to make a good all around low rider? is it best to buy a kit? is it hard to install? and so on.

so all you low riding men help my make history and make the first low rider in my country shere your wisdom...

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Originally posted by ingo@Nov 2 2003, 02:32 PM
Hi Im ingo I live in Iceland where there are no low riders, I whanted to do something about it so I bougt a chervolet caprice classic model 1989, and know Im wondering what is best for my to buy? What do I need to make a good all around low rider? is it best to buy a kit? is it hard to install? and so on.

so all you low riding men help my make history and make the first low rider in my country shere your wisdom...
Thats a decent car to juice. Try starting out with something like a 4 pump kit from ProHopper, they have good equipment and good service. You should start with 6 batts @36 volts, since that will give you a decent combination of speed, longevity and reliability. You can get by with 2 pumps, but will have more fun with a 4 pump setup.

It's not especially hard to install, but you need to be able to weld (or have a friend who is a good welder :biggrin: ) in order to do the neccesary fabrication for your battery/pump rack. It's also a good idea to do some reinforcement of the frame/spring perches/a-arms/trailing arms and such. The harder you want to push the car in terms of hopping, 3 wheeling and such the more work you need to put in. Its always easier to build it right the first time rather than break it and fix it later. Good luck! ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts