LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OKay, I just got off the phone with Showtime because I was going to order powerballs for the front. My plans was to bore the stut drop the cylinder weld the cylinder then weld the power ball to the top the cylinder and then to the orginal strut mounting point. This would give me the ability to have the cylinder move a little insteld of bending and binding. And for the back I was going to weld a hyme join the the axle and just send the cylinder through the floor.... is this not correct? They told me I was needing rev. flow cylinders....... explain please...

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
On reverse flow's the cylinder sits upside down and the fitting for the hose goes into the shaft of the cylinder instead of the cylinder housing.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Go into the technical section of the site and there's a picture of hydraulic suspension of a strut setup.

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
the setup in my mazda i had regular cylinders turned upside down with powerballs
welded to the top of the strut where the bolts come thru under the hood. the rear and the front are the same DO NOT GET revese flow :thumbsdown: aslo gety accumulators that way yuo wont need any coils and will still ride better than stock
(1 accumie per clyinder)

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you see the idea I had was what "white link" did. I figured it would work but its not the "correct way" of doing it. I dont see there being a big problem like that. I was just going to reinforce the part at which the powerball mounts to the top of the housing....

The rear of my car is very simpler. I have a shock that has a hyme joint on the bottom and something like a power ball at the top at which it mounts to... I figured the safest way to do this is like so...
Do a little fabing to the original hyme join so that it will attact to the cylinder, then I play on cutting out the correct whole and strengthing the stucture and seting the cylinder housing in it... BUT what I'm debating for at the rear is if I need springs or not? I dont think it will be stable enough or will the rear sway bars be good enough for it? any help is great

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
GO with accumies dont worry with coils you wont be able to have a low ride height
cause you dont have weight to compress.... if you look i reinforced mine by welding angle bar to the back of the housing to prevent bending i had 8 all around!
i had no promblems it also doglegged good

·
Registered
803 Posts
beyondstockcav,

Hey homie here is one way we did it in a customers car here in Australia. Our cars are a little different to yours in the states but it gives you the idea. With this application you would also have to run acc also due to the coil being fully removed.

HND_Loco

[attachmentid=240738]

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts