LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not looking for anything HUGE on bass, was looking to throw something cheap in the wagon for now though, been looking at a couple of different 15" subwoofers, the current amp i have in there is a mtx mxa3002 which is rated between 300-400 rms at 4 ohms depending on voltage, yada yada yada.....


what would any of you recomend? mind you i'm leaning more towards a single sub setup as no 2 150 rms subs will do what a 300-400 single will do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,196 Posts
Originally posted by draarong2004@Sep 27 2007, 06:56 AM~8879488
not looking for anything HUGE on bass, was looking to throw something cheap in the wagon for now though, been looking at a couple of different 15" subwoofers, the current amp i have in there is a mtx mxa3002 which is rated between 300-400 rms at 4 ohms depending on voltage, yada yada yada.....
what would any of you recomend?  mind you i'm leaning more towards a single sub setup as no 2 150 rms subs will do what a 300-400 single will do.
wow, what a newbie comment :twak: get it together bro... try again :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,295 Posts
Originally posted by Sporty@Sep 27 2007, 06:09 AM~8879656
wow, what a newbie comment  :twak:  get it together bro... try again :)
x2
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Sporty@Sep 27 2007, 07:09 AM~8879656
wow, what a newbie comment  :twak:  get it together bro... try again :)
meh, you know what i mean, i can't find any sets of subwoofers in that power range that'll work with this amp...unless you can?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nvm....and i likey....think i might actually get 2 of these, they'd go perfect with this amp
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseac...Product_ID=4905

and thats even under budget......thats within the amount of money i have on my comdata card right now, won't even have to touch any money in the bank account if i buy them this weekend, looks like i know what i'm building the box for....now



any box size recomendations with about 150-180 rms going to each, the amp came with a birthsheet that says 194 rms x 2 at 2 ohms/388 watts rms x 1 at 4 ohms based on a 14.4 volt system, which is very much what i have in the wagon, the alternator on it is newer and very solid at that.. i'm already thinking a port tuning of about 34-36 hz will be sick with these in the back of the wagon....man, i kinda like having sporty around now, forgot about re
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,196 Posts
Originally posted by draarong2004@Sep 28 2007, 02:04 AM~8886647
nvm....and i likey....think i might actually get 2 of these, they'd go perfect with this amp
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseac...Product_ID=4905

and thats even under budget......thats within the amount of money i have on my comdata card right now, won't even have to touch any money in the bank account if i buy them this weekend, looks like i know what i'm building the box for....now
any box size recomendations with about 150-180 rms going to each, the amp came with a birthsheet that says 194 rms x 2 at 2 ohms/388 watts rms x 1 at 4 ohms based on a 14.4 volt system, which is very much what i have in the wagon, the alternator on it is newer and very solid at that..  i'm already thinking a port tuning of about 34-36 hz will be sick with these in the back of the wagon....man, i kinda like having sporty around now, forgot about re
1.5cubes @ 32hz per chamber w/ 4" diameter precision ports (if you do a dual chamber enclosure)...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,196 Posts
Originally posted by 88monteSS@Sep 28 2007, 04:19 PM~8890469
10" Kicker L5 for a single setup. i have one in my daily with an Alpine V12 500watt RMS amp, it kills it.
hmmm, i'd still go for two RE12's over the kickerL510".

or you can be gangsta and get two fi caraudio x12's... now that would be something... two for $160 homie... and 400wRMS would be okay for it if you run ported...

personally im looking into 4 of them depending on how they are expected to perform in a bandpass...

shit... it would make my project ALOT cheaper... $320 for 4 nice woofers shipped, and all i need is 1200wRMS... shit, that would significantly reduce my project cost :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Sporty@Sep 28 2007, 02:37 PM~8890237
1.5cubes @ 32hz per chamber w/ 4" diameter precision ports (if you do a dual chamber enclosure)...
would it matter if i do a dual? i was thinking about a single chamber with the port in inbetween the subs, one sorta large 3" x 10" port with rounded edges.

Originally posted by 88monteSS@Sep 28 2007, 03:19 PM~8890469
10" Kicker L5 for a single setup. i have one in my daily with an Alpine V12 500watt RMS amp, it kills it.
um, i was actually looking at a kicker l5 15" for a single sub setup, i can get them for under 200 bux ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
alright, well i bought the re re12's today, should have them no later then thursday, got em off woofersetc.com for 79.99 each with free ground shipment, can't wait till they get here, i'm going to start building parts of the box either later today or tomorrow, gonna be intresting as i just started working some mad hours again(12.5 hours a day, 7 days a week...usual turnaround hours)

and if they're louder then the cvr's....which i'm almost positive they will be, i might even consider buying 4 of them for the truck....lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,196 Posts
Originally posted by draarong2004@Sep 30 2007, 02:47 PM~8901065
alright, well i bought the re re12's today, should have them no later then thursday, got em off woofersetc.com for 79.99 each with free ground shipment, can't wait till they get here, i'm going to start building parts of the box either later today or tomorrow, gonna be intresting as i just started working some mad hours again(12.5 hours a day, 7 days a week...usual turnaround hours)

and if they're louder then the cvr's....which i'm almost positive they will be, i might even consider buying 4 of them for the truck....lol
finally you get to see what i was arguing with you about... cant wait :thumbsup:

and its up to you, you can do a common or dual chamber... i always do dual chambers only because the divider acts as a brace and i have the wood to do it anyways...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by Sporty@Oct 1 2007, 11:40 AM~8907276
finally you get to see what i was arguing with you about... cant wait :thumbsup:

and its up to you, you can do a common or dual chamber... i always do dual chambers only because the divider acts as a brace and i have the wood to do it anyways...
yup, idk if i'll need a brace the way the box is going to be designed though, the port is going to be right in the middle near where the latch assembly is and thats going to prolly be the 2 longest pieces, the back up against the tail gate and the top....so we'll see, i woulda started on the box tonight but i was beat from work, and it was raining outside.


good news, the subwoofers already shipped out, can't wait to get em and play with them, i'm almost half tempted to toss them in my truck for a couple of beats...lol`
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
was reading another post on here, and i was curious on my numbers for my port, is 30 sq inches too big, or about right for these? or should i try making it a lil smaller.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,196 Posts
Originally posted by draarong2004@Oct 2 2007, 02:41 AM~8913636
was reading another post on here, and i was curious on my numbers for my port, is 30 sq inches too big, or about right for these?  or should i try making it a lil smaller.
i was beautiful with two 3" precision ports (fan of the flared tubes if you havent caught on)...

4"ers might be a good run too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by Sporty@Oct 2 2007, 08:40 AM~8914456
i was beautiful with two 3" precision ports (fan of the flared tubes if you havent caught on)...

4"ers might be a good run too.
hrm......well its not like space is an issue....lol, i'll look around for some flared ports, i've got some cardboard tubing(like 1/2" thick stuff) thats 3" in diameter that i might be able to use with it......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by Sporty@Oct 2 2007, 07:31 PM~8918958
http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?&W...D=143&sm=1&so=2
scroll down... 2", 3", 4", and they have a 6" but you gotta go to their site for that...

i try and use them if is feasible... saves time and their effective.
the precision ports? i've thought about buying em a couple of times, looks like now would be the best, plus there's a few other things i still need from parts express, so looks like thats my excuse to buy em.




do you think it'd hurt to have the box sealed until i buy the port tubes? being the specs say nearly the same size sealed as ported, gotta wait till next payday which is 2 weeks from now till i can buy some more toys.
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top