LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an 82 cutlass supreme, 2 tone brown, interior is perfect except the door panels are easily scratched off with a fingernail and by the back windows also. A friend that does custom interiors told me to take them off and sand down the panels and repaint them. But is there like a different type of material i should use or should i just repaint them like he said? The rest of the interior is brown cloth. So any suggestions would help.

·
Registered
848 Posts
i dont know if this helps or not, but my buddy bought a firebird, and the previous owner had a dog and the back panels were all sccratched up. and i think all he did was sand them and repaint them, if u want i can ask him tommroow or later tonight and see what he did?

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
i would say sand them down and paint them....or you could wrap the pieces in vinyl....a soft flexible vinyl nothing hard and stiff...

·
Registered
217 Posts
yeah, all you gotta do is sand and paint, or you can cover them in vinyl or crush, or whatever you want. But sanding and painting is the easiest.

Holla

:cool:

·
Registered
848 Posts
i asked my buddy, he pressure washed his instead of sanding, but his werent too bad a guess, if he needed to he woulda used sandpaper. i dontknow what he used, but krylon fusion rattle can bonds to plastic not to bad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts