LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
da mechanic gave me a check off list of all dats wrong wit da 83 coupe...here is wha it all says...

ENGINE CRANKIN/STARTING..........it was da starter ..i fixed it
TUNE UP...........$89
DISTRIBUTOR CAP...........$35
IGNITION ROTOR........$90
IGNITION WIRES...........$18
THROTTLE BORE CLEAN.......$39
FUEL INJECTION SERVICE.........$49
AIR FILTER.......$22
PCV VALVE........$7
FUEL FILTER........$45
V BELTS........$75
COOLING SYSTEM SERVICE........$65
VALVE COVER GASKET........$120
CLEAN & ADJUST BRAKES.........$15
BRAKE FLUID FLUSH/ADD........$49
ALIGNMENT........$39
MUFFLER......$475

k now da reason i ask all dis is 2 reasons....first of all i had gotten new spark plugs,ignition wires,fuel filter and pcv valve and a air filter....but after doing da spark plugs and wires i drove it and it was drivin fine ...i press da gas more and da gas pedel falls....so now its lik im pressin da gas all da time...i press brake and pull over and stop da car....turn it on again and its like im pressin da gas so i try 2 get it home and do...but da whole time its firing and pop pop and den starts smokin from da heads....so i call da tow truck 2 take it 2 da shop...and da dis. cap is movable...so he said dats prob y its firing wrong and da gas pedel thing was maybe wen i was puttin da new wires and spark plugs in i leaned on sumting on da carb hes checkin into it...i wont get it bak till monday morn...

k now....i dont kno if i should just say fuck it make it drivable(which it is now) and save up and buy a olds 350 and throw it in dur...or just fix da 4100 untill it brakes later on....da miles reads 68k..... i know people gonna say get a chevy 350 but i aint n 2 tryn 2 custom do shit hea...if anything ill just rebuild da tranny and put da olds into it...or leave da 4100 in...

so wit da list of stuff i gotta do its like $600 without da muffler(cuz i got sumone 2 do it for alot cheaper)....so either do all dat shit or buy a olds 350 for wha eva price and throw dat one in....

·
Registered
401 Posts
God damn man. check around. a muffler and exhaust should be about $250. $22 to put an air cleaner on it takes 2 seconds and theyre only $5.00, damn hes taking your ass to town

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Lowridlngmike@Dec 14 2003, 06:37 PM
God damn man. check around. a muffler and exhaust should be about $250. $22 to put an air cleaner on it takes 2 seconds and theyre only $5.00, damn hes taking your ass to town
nah nah i kno homie...dats y i got one myself...but im sayin all da shit it needs... but im sayin all dat shit it needs should i do it all and roll lik dat so i can do other shit lik 90 it out,rims,juice,paint,gutts,audio....or change da engine and rebuild da tranny den do all dat other shit...i guess wha im askin is from da list of shit i need is it a good engine 2 keep untell i fucks up or should i replace it ASAP

and da exhaust yea i got a price on dat $150 from my homies shop..

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Calvin, you can do all that stuff yourself, except for the alignment and the muffler. Even if you ain't a mechanic, that shit is simple.

Maybe your choke or your idle is messed up causing it to rev.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
yeah man, we can walk you through most of that shit here... if you do most of it yourself you'll be looking at maybe a day of work, and you'll save yourself a HELL of a lot of money

·
Registered
11,540 Posts
Originally posted by calvin@Dec 14 2003, 05:24 PM

Here's the part that cracks me up.

Cap- $10
Rotor-$5
wires-$25-40

Those are the approx. prices from a parts store. I find the $90 rotor halirious.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Originally posted by Joe5pt0+Dec 16 2003, 09:11 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Joe5pt0 @ Dec 16 2003, 09:11 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--calvin@Dec 14 2003, 05:24 PM

Here's the part that cracks me up.

Cap- $10
Rotor-$5
wires-$25-40

Those are the approx. prices from a parts store. I find the $90 rotor halirious.[/b][/quote]
I know, you can usually find a tune-up kit that has all that plus spark plugs and a fuel filter for cheap.

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
now dis retard mechinc says my car is... "burning rich".....hes connecting each tube dats disconnected n da engine area 2 see y.......tiny lil ass tubes .....so he starts da car and it sounds perfect...he says u smell dat ..and dur was a lil bit of gas smell he goes yep its burning rich,....

wtf is dat about?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts