LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 pump setup.

do you need a coil over set up to do a rolling 3 wheel? do you need power balls to do a rolling three wheel? can you do a decent rolling three wheel with a coil under set up? post pics/ info on this shit im confused as hell and ordered my sceince of hydraulic suspension book but i would like to know what you guys have to say before that shit comes, all the help is greatly aprreciated

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2 pump set up with 12" cylinders in the back if i dont put power balls in when i three wheel its gonna bend the cylinder right? i need that book im such a hydro n00b

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
people have 3 wheeled for years with coil under, no reason you cant as well.

Its just shittier because you run the risk of losing a coil.

but with a deep cup on the ram, and a proper coil perch made for the axle, youre chances of losing it are much less

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Originally posted by low 187@Aug 19 2005, 05:19 PM~3658954
2 pump set up with 12" cylinders in the back if i dont put power balls in when i three wheel its gonna bend the cylinder right? i need that book im such a hydro n00b
No the Cylinder wont bend if you dont use powerballs, if fact if you dont put the powerballs on right youll bend a cylinder. He told you to use powerball because the coil under method has to be done perfectly to get it to work well while 3 wheeling. You can use coil-under but you may keep poping out springs. Coil over with powerballs is the easiest way. Oh yeah dont use hyme-joints unless your installer really knows what hes doing.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok sweet thanks for the info, so if i get a nice little like 2 or 3" peice of sceudal 80 pipe and notch it and weld it to the rear axle then put the spring over that it will greatly reduce the chance of the spring popping out?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts