LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to put a remote start on a 75 pontiac. The Carb has an electric choke. Can any give me some tips on whats the best way to install a remote start. I have seen it done in the past but the remote would only work once the car had been driven. Is there a way to make it work first thing in the morning. Is there a silnoid are other device that will allow the remote start to work on a cold car first thing in the morning?

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
I never saw one used for carb vehicles. I dont know if I would trust the electric choke on the carb.

·
Registered
12,920 Posts
the only way it would work is if there is somthing hooked up to give it a shot of fuel to get it goin

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
i've heard of people using a solenoid activated plunger to pump the carb to get it to start when cold. this would be unnecessary for a properly running warm carburated engine but most people get a remote start for cold mornings.
:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
sum places do have remote start kits for carb cars usually cost 300 for everything

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
ok i got on in my caddy...

its carburated...

its got a solnoid it pumps the gas pedal 2 times before it starts it...

starts the caddy up all the time when its -20'c even down to -30...

fuck the caddy is reliable i'll tell u that she always starts....

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Originally posted by 67impala@Dec 25 2003, 10:51 AM
ok i got on in my caddy...

its carburated...

its got a solnoid it pumps the gas pedal 2 times before it starts it...

starts the caddy up all the time when its -20'c even down to -30...

fuck the caddy is reliable i'll tell u that she always starts....
how does it know when to stop cranking?

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
it doesnt...

this is what it does

it pumps the gas 2 times then cranks it till it starts but it will only crank it for like 15 secounds then it shuts down pumps the gas twice again and then cranks it again for 10 secounds and so on...

does this about 3 4 times and it will stop if it doesnt start after like 3 tries...

then u gotta go stick your finger in the carb to get it started cause its flooded...

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by 67impala@Dec 25 2003, 04:27 PM
it doesnt...

this is what it does

it pumps the gas 2 times then cranks it till it starts but it will only crank it for like 15 secounds then it shuts down pumps the gas twice again and then cranks it again for 10 secounds and so on...

does this about 3 4 times and it will stop if it doesnt start after like 3 tries...

then u gotta go stick your finger in the carb to get it started cause its flooded...
Did that come with your remote start kit if so what brand? Did you do it yourself I have put a remote start on a fuel injected car it was a cheap bulldog but that shit works everytime.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Originally posted by 67impala@Dec 25 2003, 04:27 PM
it doesnt...

this is what it does

you're saying it cranks until it starts? how does it know the motor is running?

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
it will try to start the car like 4 times

and if it doesnt start then it doesnt try starting it anymore to save your battery...

its a command start and i got it installed professionally years ago when i got the caddy..

got power locks and trunk popper....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts