LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1980 Cadillac Fleetwood 90’d out
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey , I'm a real good hydro installer. So, now with all the hype on air. I wanna start collecting some knowledge on it. Any pics, install instuctions, diagrams, advise. Anything is appreciated. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
114 Posts
If you have the skills already to install hydraulics then installing an air ride will be more then simple for you. All you need is 8 valves which are simple as hell two wire hook ups one of which is a ground. The plumbing is simple, the welding should be easy for you if youve done juice. Just as long as the bag doesnt rub then youll be fine.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I appreciate the responses. I havent really gotten to far into it. But from what I gather. $ valves are used to open and inflate the bags and the other 4 are to dump. And the valves should wire up the same as hydro dumps. What kinda pressure is used in different settups and how does it affect performance? Still kinda want some diagrams too.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just looked at all the links from joebomber. Thanks for the diagrams. those settups are tght too. So swith wiring should be like hydros. Well, more like an 8 dump settup with no pump wiring. The compressor will just run when the tank is low to keep air pressure on demand

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you have the skills already to install hydraulics then installing an air ride will be more then simple for you. All you need is 8 valves which are simple as hell two wire hook ups one of which is a ground. The plumbing is simple, the welding should be easy for you if youve done juice. Just as long as the bag doesnt rub then youll be fine.
How long does it take to install air ride on a 61 impala?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.