LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i am now enrolled in wyotech, and im in the middle of a shit hole town that dosent really have anything to offer entertainment wise, so me and 2 of the guys i came down here with are all redoing our stereos. we all are on a very tight budget, having to pay rent and living expenses and all. i was looking at these the other day and i was thinking about ditching my 2-infinity 1230 subs for 2 of these 12s/

from the specks do they look like a good budget buy that will rattle a few things?

again i would really like to jus save up for a brahma but it really isnt practical and wont be for almost a year.

but thanx for ur time

here is the link for the subs

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/Pr...ProductID=14703

·
Registered
562 Posts
You're better off with what you have. If you can put $140 toward those two speakers that's $140 towards a Brahma. Save your pennies.

·
* MODERATOR*
8,025 Posts
Originally posted by quadmasta@Jul 26 2005, 07:37 AM
You're better off with what you have.  If you can put $140 toward those two speakers that's $140 towards a Brahma.  Save your pennies.
[snapback]3480706[/snapback]​
Agreed...
Never waste money on lesser equipment when you have a higher goal in mind...
Keep what you have and save towards your goal...
You will be ALOT happier in the end... ;)

As far as the MA Audio subs go, theres a reason why they are 50 dollars... ;)

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by quadmasta@Jul 26 2005, 04:37 AM
You're better off with what you have.  If you can put $140 toward those two speakers that's $140 towards a Brahma.  Save your pennies.
[snapback]3480706[/snapback]​
is there a place i can get a brahma for under 150.?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Originally posted by b_boy02000@Jul 26 2005, 03:23 PM
is there a place i can get a brahma for under 150.?
[snapback]3483944[/snapback]​
No, but what are you going to do with the MAs when you have the money for the Brahma? Save your money and pay for it once.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok i decided to use my infinitys for a lil while, im starting to build a fuberglass enclosure, should i port my box of jus have a sealed box? bmy last fiberglass box was sealed up and sounded ok, but i wanted to see if i can make them project more

·
* MODERATOR*
8,025 Posts

·
* MODERATOR*
8,025 Posts
Originally posted by CrownVicAttack@Jul 27 2005, 06:21 PM
and porting it will make it louder, but also decrease the life of the sub.
[snapback]3492117[/snapback]​
and porting it will make it louder,

IF it is done CORRECTLY, yes...

but also decrease the life of the sub.

This is COMPLETELY FALSE...
The same applies, it will not hurt the sub in any way, shape, or form, as long as the box is designed CORRECTLY...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts