LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wassup my fellow modelcar builders! Im stuck in a dilema, and need some help. Im building a 80's Cutlass painted candy blue, w/alot of flake. Undercarriage same color. Suspension chrome, gas tank chrome, w/gold straps. Im having a hard time with my rim choice, so heres what I came up with..... T.I.A, Gonz

1) All chrome Daytons

2) All chrome w/blue spokes

3) All blue rim (spokes, lip)

4) Chrome w/gold center spokes

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
pictures??????????????? I say chrome dish and knock off w/ blue spokes!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
if its a bright blue den all chrome with blue spokes. if its a dark blue den all blue with just the chrome knockoff (and if u can get detailed leave the nipples chrome)

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
i'm afraid i am an all chrome kinda guy with the k.o. chip painted the same color as the car ..or maybe a lil darker ...since sometimes they dont match perfectly on real cars ...

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would post pics, but my digital is down. It's on the bright side, huge flakes, half white top. Interior is white as well. Still got to clear, and buff yet! What way does a Cutty look nice, all locked up, slammed, front lifted, rear lifted???? Decisions I tell ya...... Thanks for the imput everyone, pulling more to the colored spokes @ the moment..... ;)

·
Registered
336 Posts
I'd go with chrome dish, blue spokes, and gold spinner :cool: . By the way I think a cutlass looks best with the front lifted/ rear slammed :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
LOCKED UP WITH THE A ARMS EXTENDED NOW THAT WOULD BE SOMETHING ELSE

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
you have ta go with a colored dish, my opinion, but that sets a car off, just as important as tha paint itself

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
If there isn't any other gold on the car other than the straps... I'd go chrome with blue spokes.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:0 wow a longtime ago post.... well to show those who didn't see, this is how I made it....[attachmentid=515329][attachmentid=515330]

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts