LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo whats up,well first I'd like to just say I'm pretty new at this painting thing I've done pretty much everything that I could do myself to this car from simple body repairs to more complicated body mods,new motor,interior, fiberglass doorpanels, fiberglass system and plenty extra mods also. But it comes down to painting I've completly sanded it down,used eching primer,and now yellow primed it but I'm wondering what size paint gun i need needle size that or outlet nozzle size that is??? So if any of you guys would just help me out I'd greatly appreicate it...

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
every gun brand have there own style of needle and size with air pressure,,average is 1.4-1.5 needles and air cap, for colors, or 2.0 for clearing ;)

·
Banned
10,571 Posts
Originally posted by pinche chico@Nov 10 2007, 02:33 AM~9196440
every gun brand have there own style of needle and size with air pressure,,average is 1.4-1.5 needles and air cap, for colors, or 2.0 for clearing ;)
U use a 2.0 for clearing?? :dunno:
Every gun is different,for sure,and every painter has his own technique as well,I use a SATA rp 1.4 for base and clear,it lays clear down very flat.I do want to pick up that Iwata gun for base though,(used it at my ppg courses),very good gun for tri-coats.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts