LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dayum i just but a new alt belt on and that shit squeals. i don't think its cuz its loose. that thing is on there pretty dayum tight. it don't squel at high speeds..on like when i first take off and slow down it tries to do it...somebody told me its cuz i didn't put belt dressing on it..u know the sticky stuff is this tru???

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
somebody please....answer me

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
shit i dunno its my alt belt so i don't want it to come off....

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
i remeber on my old car i bought a new belt fom aoutozone and squeaked like a bitch lol, i took a bar of soap and rubbed it on the part of the belt that runs on the pulley while it was running and it fixed it but i don't know how long it will last cuz i blew it up a week later :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea its a tripp..that belt had stretched..some homies told me yea that shit happens from the heat of the engine..this morning i went out to mess with it and it was loose so i tighten the shit and no more probs..weird cuz i never had that shit happen before :0

·
Registered
124 Posts
I had a belt from autozone that was just bad rubber or had a glaze or sumthing. No matter what I did, it would squeal like a somebitch till the motor warmed up a lil bit. I tried everything I could think of and it never stopped till I bought a nother one. :dunno:

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea some of them do come like that..but i'd think after a while of that shit burnin on the pully it would get to fresh rubber. musta been a bad belt. belts can be a pain at times. i still gotta replace the rest of mine...1 down 3 to go.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Originally posted by capone530@Aug 15 2003, 09:19 PM
yea its a tripp..that belt had stretched..some homies told me yea that shit happens from the heat of the engine..this morning i went out to mess with it and it was loose so i tighten the shit and no more probs..weird cuz i never had that shit happen before :0
all new belts stretch, thats why it says to re-tighten the belt on the package
:biggrin:

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mine didn't say that..it just came with a sticker on it sayin the belt number..i always used belt dressing before..probably why i never had that prob...but now i know ;)

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
belt dressing is only an excuse to put off changing a worn out belt. a properly operating belt will not squeal. it will squeal if its too loose, the pulley or the belt is glazed or it's contaminated with oil.
:biggrin:

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yea i think my old pullys on my other regal had a lil oil on them. that engine wasn't as nice as my new one is. Yea this time i didn't put any belt dressing.

·
Registered
168 Posts
i had the same prob...even worse maybe because the belt use to start smoking. i thought i had it tight but the reason for the squealing was that it wasn't tight enough, when the enine would run the belt would jump/flicker. try to ensure the there equal tension in the belt around the pulleys and keep in mind that there should be a right amount of slack.
good luck

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
Originally posted by capone530@Aug 20 2003, 03:33 AM
yea some of them do come like that..but i'd think after a while of that shit burnin on the pully it would get to fresh rubber. musta been a bad belt. belts can be a pain at times. i still gotta replace the rest of mine...1 down 3 to go.
damn .... 1 down .... unless thats all you could afford to do ... i would assume get in there once ...and replace all three ... instead of doing the same job two or three times ..

but yeah i too was gonna say new belts stretch after a short time

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yea i'm gonna do the rest on my day off this week :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts