LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

new car system.... need ideas on this one

889 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  DigitalHellas 
#1 ·
I bought a 2000 mitsubishi mirage. to get me around, especially with gas prices the way they are. it had been on my 'todo' list for a while, on the back burners, till gas went to $3.40 right after the hurricane, and i decided now was the time to do it. even though a day later it went back down to $2.85, it's still high, so i'm glad i bought it

anyway, i'm not going to do anything fancy to this car. it's just for commuting, however, since i'll be spending around 2+ hours a day in it, i want it to have a good system. mids, highs, wiring, subs, head unit, i can get all that, i'm not noob in those areas, but i want something different:

i've got a good friend who's got an iPod hookup in his car. my pioneer premier DEH-P670MP has its counter-part, the CB-IB100 to hook the iPod to. that's great, i'd buy that and an iPod tomorrow, but i've heard of other devices. i'm talking more advanced than a Kenwood 'Keg', although maybe there's some add-on you can get for them, but i've heard of a few people who have systems with wifi capability, so that at a certain point early in the morning, the computer in their house synchronizes the MP3s with the car sitting in the driveway, and the next morning it's ready for them to get in and drive, with all their latest 'tunes' on it.

Is this some sort of custom "car-pc" setup? or is there a manufacturer who makes something like this? basically want some sort of system that can wirelessly update from my computer. if that's too much work (especially custom work) then i'll just use an iPod. but wanted to check nonetheless

anyone worked with something like this?

See less See more
#7 ·
If you do not wish to replace your existing sound system and you just want a huge MP3 keg sitting at the back of your car you can always add the DMP3-A solution from Dension. If your car audio system has an AUX or if you've got a Sony system you there are specific car hosts for existing car audio systems. So for example if your alpine has an AUX interface you can buy the DMP3-A and add a 300GB IDE drive. If you're interested you can get the DMP3-A without the hard drive from our store for about 300 Euros (368.296 USD) and can ship anywhere using UPS/Fedex. We also offer ready to install kits with various hard drive sizes as well. I must emphasize this is not a direct replacement solution for existing aftermarket CD systems but an add-on solution. Hence you get the best audio quality from your existing system and amplifier while adding the biggest mother of all MP3 jukeboxes into your car.

You can find more info on the DMP3-A either on the Dension web site at www.dension.com or if you want to see actual costs our site is www.digitalhellas.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.