LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I got to thinking about the rat roders contest and how it could have been a cool mounthly thing. But rat never got the awaords mailed to until 6 weeks after the contest.and now hes no longer doing it. So basicly im going to start a new compition but with difrent classes. Classes will be

Low riders
Hotrods
Hoppers
The awards wont be a useless trophy but some thing more usefull towards models. Is any one down for this

Last edited by ryans97s10 at Oct 7 2003, 04:49 PM

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
i would, but there are too many variables in something like this. It's kinda hard to judge just by pictures. and what if someone has a sweet-ass build, but not great pics, do they lose cuz of there photography skills?? and that's a lot of classes to govern. if you do it, i would suggest maybe a different class every month. also you wouldn't see the problems with the models...or the workmanship. i could very easily see it being judged, based on the judges likes and/or dislikes.

Last edited by 1ofaknd at Oct 7 2003, 05:55 PM

·
Registered
743 Posts
That might be fun but inmy opinion Internet contests suck. You can't really judge quality of work and detail from a few pictures, besides many of the pics I see here are not contest quality.
Personally I have enough local contests to keep me busy. It takes me a year or more to do a contest quality model.
Rather than a contest how about a monthly meeting or gathering, you know like the 1:1s meeting at the local shop or drive in?

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok guys im geting to much turn down so i wont do it unless we all a sudden get some intrust. as far as a metting ones a month if some one buys all the plan tickets for people to meet up some wares than we can do that lol

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by ryans97s10@Oct 7 2003, 03:47 PM
Ok guys I got to thinking about the rat roders contest and how it could have been a cool mounthly thing......and now hes no longer doing it.
i'm still TOTALLY bumbed about this last one..... i was the ONLY one that turned anything in, and i had a couple cars covering all 3 classes and then a week later the contest got cancelled. :mad: wtf?
(click the RED link in my signature for the cars)

not pickin on rat or anything he's a cool dude and all but i'm kinda pissed about it. :mad:

would anyone else be upset about it too or am i wrong for feeling this way?

·
Registered
743 Posts
Originally posted by ryans97s10@Oct 7 2003, 04:07 PM
ok guys im geting to much turn down so i wont do it unless we all a sudden get some intrust. as far as a metting ones a month if some one buys all the plan tickets for people to meet up some wares than we can do that lol
I meant on line , Automotive Forums does this on a regular basis.
Muscle Car meets, Tuners....
YOu post up your stuff and have a chat

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by dag65@Oct 7 2003, 05:04 PM

Rather than a contest how about a monthly meeting or gathering, you know like the 1:1s meeting at the local shop or drive in?
ok i just thought it sounded like a meeting in person

·
Registered
743 Posts
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler+Oct 7 2003, 04:10 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Mad Modeler @ Oct 7 2003, 04:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--ryans97s10@Oct 7 2003, 03:47 PM
Ok guys I got to thinking about the rat roders contest and how it could have been a cool mounthly thing......and now hes no longer doing it.
i'm still TOTALLY bumbed about this last one..... i was the ONLY one that turned anything in, and i had a couple cars covering all 3 classes and then a week later the contest got cancelled. :mad: wtf?
(click the RED link in my signature for the cars)

not pickin on rat or anything he's a cool dude and all but i'm kinda pissed about it. :mad:

would anyone else be upset about it too or am i wrong for feeling this way?[/b][/quote]
I hear your pain man. I like to attend a contest anyhow and mingle with the other builders and swap ideas. Besides on the net I can hide my big ass thumb print on the side I don't show you in the photo LOL

·
Registered
956 Posts
If more than one person had posted their models i would have keept the damn thing. Plus my computer was messed up at the time, and i couldnt judge. Like i said before Ray, I am going to send you something, and i have my eye on it. So be patient.

And for the contest, Go right ahead. I thought it was going to be more cool than work, and which i thought people were going to participate rather than the Best ( no offense to the others) Model maker.I was kinda bumed my self after the last contest. I thought a cool monthly contest would be sweet, but as you can see theres complainers, and guys who take advantage.

Personaly, i think this is kinda of a dis on my contest, and i think you should of contacted me first before posting this. But what ever. ;)

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Rat, like i said man.... we're cool. i really like you, youre a cool dude and i dig your ideas and work.
i really think it was cool of you to try the contest thing and i appreciate it man :thumbsup:
hell, i was going to offer to throw in some sets of wheels in along on the first contest ;)

i just had to vent some man sorry bout that. :(

:wave:

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
what about at the end of each month every one post pics of the FINSHED models (not hating on u MAD, but 2 many people bitch when you won). and the people pick, not a winner but the best looking 1.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
2 many people get upset quickly on these forum, so instead of hearing all thoses people bitch about it. it would be opened for finshed models.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler@Oct 8 2003, 05:21 PM
i know man, i was just givin ya shit ;)

but when the guy says to post them up on or by the deadline finished or not then there shouldnt be anyone crying but the sore losers right? :dunno: lol
i know MAD

yeah, if he did say that, then you would post them. but 2 many people were upset that u won. shit, its just 4 fun, right?

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by tonedeaf+Oct 8 2003, 05:27 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tonedeaf @ Oct 8 2003, 05:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--The Mad Modeler@Oct 8 2003, 05:21 PM
i know man, i was just givin ya shit ;)

but when the guy says to post them up on or by the deadline finished or not then there shouldnt be anyone crying but the sore losers right? :dunno: lol
i know MAD

yeah, if he did say that, then you would post them. but 2 many people were upset that u won. shit, its just 4 fun, right?[/b][/quote]
yeah it is for fun. then some fools gotta act like your taking away their monthly check or something . :roflmao:

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by ryans97s10@Oct 8 2003, 07:07 PM
so should i go forth with this???
plan it all out like you was gonna really do it and lets see how it sounds :dunno:

p.s. i personally would preffer a trophy as a prize so the winners have something to show for it. ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts