LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy.

Re-Upholster/New frames:
here's my question, I am about to recieve a '98 Honda Civic and I wanted to do up the interior real good. My original plan was to build all new frames and shit to be upholstered but with this car gonna be a daily driver and all, traffic laws came to mind. Will I get a ticket or whatever for a custom interior? I mean, would they complain that the seats wouldn't pass crash tests or something? So I went back to the car to examine the seats and began to think that maybe I could just re-upholster the existing seats with a few modification. So -- same seats, new look.

What do you think?

By the way, I'm planning on completely black or emerald biscuit tuck seats and coffin pleats surrounding the seats and covering the walls [some units will just be re-painted black].

Anyways, would love to get some feedback.

Candy

·
Registered
63 Posts
Why would you even bother doing that to a civic. Not being a hater or anything. Never heard any laws about interior or what not..just DVD in the dash

·
On Bail from BANNED Camp
20,807 Posts
i got a civic low too .. i just ripped apart tha fActory seat cover n redone it in velvet :thumbsup: but i plAN on full custom int. w/ swivel seats here soon :biggrin:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the input folks. but sadly, it appears that the person selling it to me got into a 'fender-bender' and banged up the rear end pretty bad, too bad for me to still buy it. oh well i suppose.

candy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts