LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ay i just changed my fuel pump and filter and i dont get n e gas in the carb what can be the prob?? i got a 1984 caddy deville

·
Registered
989 Posts
elec. or mech. pump??...if its mech..did you get the pushrod back on? if its elec.. does your fuel gauge read fucked up, past full maybe? if so, make sure the fuel tank and or sending unit is grounded good, i replaced the pump on my blazer because the ground strap on the sending unit was broke.......now i have a spare pump??? :uh:

·
Registered
989 Posts
Originally posted by caddydelegance@Oct 12 2006, 09:00 PM~6358761
ELECTRIC DO I HAVE THE STEP ON THE GAS SO THE FUEL WOULD GO UP IF SO 4 HOW LONG
yea man, its an electric pump, you dont pump the gas

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by caddydelegance@Oct 13 2006, 12:00 AM~6358761
ELECTRIC DO I HAVE THE STEP ON THE GAS SO THE FUEL WOULD GO UP IF SO 4 HOW LONG
no

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Originally posted by caddydelegance@Oct 12 2006, 09:45 PM~6359408
SHIT WEL THAT SHIT DONT WORK
What doesnt work? Heres an idea, if you want help try to at least make it so we can understand you and know what you are asking. Also is their a reason you have to type with the CAPS on?

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
yeah, stop typing with caps on, and try to formulate your question as... a question....

try cycling the ignition switch a couple times, if you hold your foot to the floor, the comp will give the engine a WOT signal, usually cutting off fuel flow

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Originally posted by caddydelegance@Oct 14 2006, 01:28 PM~6368331
ok well ive done that for a while and my battery is getting low now n e thing else that can be wrong
Unhook the fuel line up at the motor, turn the key on and see if gas comes out of the line. If it doesnt I would take the gas tank back out of it and find what the problem is.

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Originally posted by ALOW1@Oct 14 2006, 06:23 PM~6368637
Unhook the fuel line up at the motor, turn the key on and see if gas comes out of the line. If it doesnt I would take the gas tank back out of it and find what the problem is.
:thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts