LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up lil. New guy here. Paul Mendoza. Mr1/16th told me about this place. Some of the west coast guys know me from the lower left coast and such. Not a whole lot into the low rider scene but I got respect for the culture and the creativity that goes into any creation. And I have a low rider in the works actually but it's on the back burner. Gota get more ideas and finish off a few other projects.
I enjoy building big scale stuff and drag racing mostly. i've been around drag racing my whole life and was actually my job working on them for a long time. I like to scratchbuild crap too. (even though I grumble about it alot lol)
Here's what I'm working on now:

One I recently finished for the museum here for display with their theme.

And a 1/12 Porsche 935 with a ton of scrathbuilt stuff and the Scale Motorsport set to go with it. There's a ton of pics here of the posrche if anyones interested.
http://good-times.webshots.com/album/55073...host=good-times

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Nice paint and detail work. Welcome to lil. Is that a waste gate on your key board and where do you get the clamp?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is the wastegate for the 935. The only kit parts left are the cover and the tube. I machined the expansion/flex joint at work and as for the clamp, I scratchbuilt it using left over photoetch sprue. I copied the ones we use atmy old work for coupler covers and fuel pumps and funnycars and altereds.

Originally posted by truscale@Jan 17 2009, 11:46 AM~12732764
Nice paint and detail work. Welcome to lil. Is that a waste gate on your key board and where do you get the clamp?

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
:cheesy: HEY PAUL!! IT'S GREAT TO SEE YOU UP IN DA HOUSE!! ;) REALLY GREAT WORK BROTHER!! HAVE FUN ON LAYITLOW :cool: NEED ANYTHING JUST ASK ;)

·
Registered
8,893 Posts
Very nice details!!! Welcome to Layitlow homie!

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Originally posted by Pokey@Jan 17 2009, 11:36 AM~12732703
Great looking stuff!

Keep us posted on that Nova, I can't wait to see how that one turns out!
x2

·
Registered
9,584 Posts
welcome to LIL. VERY nice attention to detail, shit looks real!!

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Originally posted by spikekid999@Jan 17 2009, 06:35 PM~12734597
welcome to LIL. VERY nice attention to detail, shit looks real!!

·
FUCK MICHIGAN
11,437 Posts
Looking forward to seeing more of your work. Welcome!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts